Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

flying at night

Reaction score
I am new to the drones. I bought the Q500 4K mainly for use on my small ranch in N. TX to keep track of things, locate stock, take pics at cookouts. Is there someway to add small lights or some other means of allowing night flights so I can look for predators and hogs?
I won't be flying over 100 ft nor more than 1/4 mile

Last edited:
FAA says no night flights, unless you get a waiver. You can fly 30 minutes after dusk and 30 minutes before dawn.
Are there any major airports in your area?

FAA says no night flights, unless you get a waiver. You can fly 30 minutes after dusk and 30 minutes before dawn.
Are there any major airports in your area?
no major airports in area, no cropdusters

Can you give me a town near by I'll look it up on SkyView to see if any other restrictions in your area, such as military.

Two maps to look at. I did notice military flight routes in your are in your area. 305°, 278° and 264° highlighted in cyan blueish. This is FAA VFR Map
From SkyVector FAA VFR Map.png From Sky View.png
Map from sky view Yellow you cannot fly in this area without permission.

Last edited:
Thanks. w/o highway markings it is tough to tell but I'd say, relative to Denison, I'm outside the zone

Regarding your original question, some people have mounted the Lume Cube on there drones. I think the usable distance is pretty limited. By the time you get low enough to see anything you will have spooked any wildlife with the noise. In order to accomplish what you're after you would need an H with the CGO-ET low light camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss