Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying at night

Reaction score
There are some holiday events coming up nearby to where I live, which are in Class G airspace.

These are charity events, and I would like to conduct night flights to video the festivities and all the sparkly lights, I would not be charging a fee for my services, and plan to donate the video's to the host of the events.

My question: I am Part 107 certified, but can I fly as a hobbyist for these particular events, thus not being required to file for a waiver?

There are some holiday events coming up nearby to where I live, which are in Class G airspace.

These are charity events, and I would like to conduct night flights to video the festivities and all the sparkly lights, I would not be charging a fee for my services, and plan to donate the video's to the host of the events.

My question: I am Part 107 certified, but can I fly as a hobbyist for these particular events, thus not being required to file for a waiver?
I dont believe hobbyist are allowed to fly past 30 min after sundown.

Bill W.

If donation of the videos permits the host to use them in a manner that generates any type of "consideration" you would be violating hobby classification for providing them. It works the same for the 107 side since night flights for a 107 operator are prohibited without first obtaining a waiver. You're walking a very thin line.

True hobbyists have no night restrictions beyond normal safety of flight. Put lights on it, you need them to see what you're doing in any case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: abinder

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace