Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying Drone from altitude launch like a tall building or mountain top?

Reaction score
The max height for the Breeze in the "Outdoor - Height Return Home" setting is 262.5 feet.

This may be problematic because if I try journey mode on a roof top or on top of a high hill would't it mean once I turn on it will want to return home? I have not tried this because I don't want to launch the Breeze on a roof top and then loose the Drone.

Is the "Height Return Home" calculated from the original location it launches? i.e. if I am already at 500 feet alevation then the max height return home setting will be 500 plus 262.5 meaning a height of 762.5feet?

Any HELP please? Also will all my default modes work with a height return of 762.5 ft based on my example above:

- Selfie
- Orbit
- Journey
- Pilot

I don't really use the other modes much. Any help will be appreciated.

Paul

I think you will find that the HOME point is actually where it is. That means even ifyou are at 500 ft ABOVE SEA LEVEL it doesn't matter, that is GROUND level as far as it is concerned. It will fly when in RTH mode at whatever height you set in the controller. also I think that the height limitaions (400 ft) apply from where you start the flight.
I would not fly it off a rood. No flying wihtin 50 meters of BUILDINGS people etc etc. It is illegal to do so.. And you will be surrounded by METAL whiich can confuse the compass settings. However that is your decision, and we see so many crashes ....Oh dear I wonder why.
Hope this helps
D

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Remember that winds on a higher level can be far more and hefty as this mini-drone can handle and is designed for. That weak little thing can't return to mama because the wind is so strong.. Don't forget to bring your anemometer! ;)
336229003.jpg

Reactions: FLYXLSA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop