Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying in a thunderstorm

You are a braver man than I.
Flying in thunderstorms is considered to be risky at the best of times.

Last night at my house would have been a test. We had major lightning, one within the block.

i know but it was high on my bucket list :)

I'm south of you and that storm hit us at about 6:00. With a couple of windows cross ventilating a gust of wind slamed an internal door so hard it nearly took the door frame out of the brick work.
It looked so ominous I was convinced a tornado funnel would drop down any second. I took a photo that doesn't do it half justice.

Attachments

• 20170529_060944.jpg
    20170529_060944.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 40
Reactions: PH-2EX
The City of Hoorn :) .. there was a small downdraft near Wognum, no damage.. This is a movie from august 2015.. almost a touchdown in Hoorn. 20 minutes later there was a touchdown in de Wieringermeer with a lot of damage.

I'm south of you and that storm hit us at about 6:00. With a couple of windows cross ventilating a gust of wind slamed an internal door so hard it nearly took the door frame out of the brick work.
It looked so ominous I was convinced a tornado funnel would drop down any second. I took a photo that doesn't do it half justice.
Your instincts are good...I've lived on the Iliinois prairie, and seeing a sky like that, especially when it turns green, would have me looking for a nice deep basement...:eek:

Reactions: B Scott
The City of Hoorn :) .. there was a small downdraft near Wognum, no damage.. This is a movie from august 2015.. almost a touchdown in Hoorn. 20 minutes later there was a touchdown in de Wieringermeer with a lot of damage.

Rotating wall cloud, lower right of picture...

Reactions: PH-2EX
Try that in AZ, Not! Monsoon would blow the strongest of drones into the next state

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio