Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying question?

Reaction score
A good friend has a Typhoon H, actually what got me to purchase mine after seeing his fly. Anyway... Can we fly ours at the same time? I know when I flew my Tarot Iron Man with the DJI Flight Controller with him it knocked out his video. Will the ST-16 and Typhoon freq. hop like most drone kits?
Thanks Guys.

ArtCox,

Your real question, I think, is “Can you and your friend fly your Typhoon H kits together”? I see that answer has already been provided.

Another question is why you had a conflict when flying the Tarot/DJI combination. I don’t have either. And I assume not many folks will have experience with both of these kits in the air at the same time. An answer might be available if you could provide some information on the Tarot setup. And maybe a clue to a possible problem with your friends Typhoon H equipment.

Does your friends Typhoon loose WiFi when NOT flying near your Tarot?

Was the loss of WiFi complete, or just intermittent loss?

What WiFi setup is the Tarot/DJI combination using?

ArtCox,

Your real question, I think, is “Can you and your friend fly your Typhoon H kits together”? I see that answer has already been provided.

Another question is why you had a conflict when flying the Tarot/DJI combination. I don’t have either. And I assume not many folks will have experience with both of these kits in the air at the same time. An answer might be available if you could provide some information on the Tarot setup. And maybe a clue to a possible problem with your friends Typhoon H equipment.

ArtCox,

He lost WiFI when I started recording with my camera. ILook+ 1080p. When I stopped recording his video came back.

As Ty Pilot confirmed, I certainly did not expect to see a problem with flying two typhoon H kits at the same time. I also just ran an experiment using ST-10 controllers and CG03 cameras, both of which I THINK are sufficiently similar to your rigs to be a reasonable comparison. I placed a Chroma with a CGo3 in a chair right beside me, with the WiFi transmitter pointing straight towards me. Using another ST-10+ controller, I launched a Q500 with another Cg03 on board. I put the Q500 out 200ft, then went up 380 ft. There was a little line of sight interference from tree branches, but not much. I started recording on the Chroma that was in the chair. There was no video loss from the Q500. I rotated the Q500 in a complete circle a few times, and it maintained video feed pretty well. Just a couple pauses that are common when I am flying in this area.

I looked on google for the specs of the iLook+. I found the total power consumption, but not the WiFi transmitter power.
Maybe Ty Pilot can speak to WiFi interference, perhaps even in general. My current suspicion is that your friends rig is succumbing to WiFi interference more easily than it should, but, again, I lack the knowledge to really make that statement.

Hopefully someone can join in and make a better statement regarding the possibility that your friends controller/camera may have an issue.

Last edited:
I am not very knowledgeable of exactly how these signals find pathways that are clear from other signals in the same spectrum, but I have had it explained to me by one of the engineers that worked for the first WiFi RC brand. Maybe someone up to speed on those details can chime in.

What I can confirm is that I have flown side by side with my Standard H and another 480 where both of the controllers and the aircraft are virtually touching without problem. We had good control and video feed and we have flown dozens upon dozens of flights together. I have also done the same with my Plus and another Plus and even a Plus with a 480. Still no problems. So, if you want to fly with another Typhoon you should be good to go. ;)

It might be the iLook is transmitting broadband at high power levels and causing interference. If such is the case it would be in violation of FCC regulations which state a device must be able to receive interference but not generate interference.

From the minimal description of the DJI FC, RC control equipment, and video transmitters I doubt the DJI FC had any influence at all.

I saw more than 5 Typhoon H plus flied at the same time.
Go forward!

A good friend has a Typhoon H, actually what got me to purchase mine after seeing his fly. Anyway... Can we fly ours at the same time? I know when I flew my Tarot Iron Man with the DJI Flight Controller with him it knocked out his video. Will the ST-16 and Typhoon freq. hop like most drone kits?
Thanks Guys.
Here is a video of two H's flying together:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss