Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

flying restricted area

Reaction score
Hi. Im new in the group.
I was called to fly at a wedding and my typhoon h could not take off. I got informed that it was a flying restricted area due to the fact that there is an airport 2 km away. Is there a way to disable tis restriction and take off? Finally the job was done by a DJI which has the ability to desable the warning.
Thank you

They ask me if I had a 107, I did and had to prove it, then was able to waiver.

Expanding on that a little bit, Part 107 is the section of the FAR's that applies to the commercial operation of sUAS. Those having a desire to operate sUAS, or drones, for commercial purposes (for hire or for consideration) must obtain Part 107 certification from the FAA by taking tests and submitting the results to the FAA to enable issuance of a 107 certificate. There is a difference between a Part 107 certified operator and a Commercial Pilot. A Commercial Pilot is issued a Commercial Pilot's certificate after a participating successfully in a long, grueling, and expensive process of ground and flight training in real aircraft. A Part 107 operator is not required to be a full scale pilot.

In the U.K. it's known as a PfCO. To get a PfCO one has to pay loads of money to do a Remote Pilot's Certificate course consisting of, essentially, two parts: Attend a ground school pass an exam and write an Operations Manual and if one passes that exam and have a good Operations Manual you go on to do the second part which is an Operations Assessment which entails demonstrating a safe flight to an assessor. If you pass that you get the certificate and can then submit your Operations Manual to the CAA (paying loads more money) and if the CAA approves your Operations Manual (not guaranteed to be approved by the way) you are awarded a PfCO [Permission for Commercial Operations]

Depending on the training body you go with, the whole process can cost anything between £1000 and £2000. We have to re-apply for a PfCO annually. I think the cost of a renewal of the PfCO is currently £130.

The U.K. PfCO is not the same as the U.S. Part 107 but they both allow the pilot to receive payment or consideration for aerial work using a sUAS.

Sounds like your agencies are more concerned with extracting (squeezing) funds from the applicant. Your costs run about 1/4 of a full scale Pilot's license here. Here the non pilot has to take two written tests and pay a $150.00 fee for the commercial 107 certificate. Although I believe people should be required to demonstrate flight proficiency it's not required. I also believe there should be a requirement for an ops manual and aircraft logs but those are only suggestions, not requirements, from our FAA.

Sounds like your agencies are more concerned with extracting (squeezing) funds from the applicant. Your costs run about 1/4 of a full scale Pilot's license here. Here the non pilot has to take two written tests and pay a $150.00 fee for the commercial 107 certificate. Although I believe people should be required to demonstrate flight proficiency it's not required. I also believe there should be a requirement for an ops manual and aircraft logs but those are only suggestions, not requirements, from our FAA.
Ops Manual and logs, and a risk assessment for every commercial flight are a requirement in the U.K. So is commercial insurance. It's an expensive business. One thing is for sure about a U.K. commercial sUAS operator: If they break the law it ain't through ignorance...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece