Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Foiltastic

Reaction score
Last month, I stumbled on a thread.

Typhoon H antenna upgrade - some (helpful?) points

Since the weather has shifted, where work has become limited, am able to have more time to thinker, with my H+ so I tried this simple mod.

I applied copper shielding at the same location as the poster, but wrapped the GPS module and wire as well as wirings that interfere.

I did not want to prematurely share my flight report, until I am certain that the mod can provided a significant change.

Today is my 3rd day, with 4 batteries flown in each 6 locations with this small mod and I’m happy to report that: (I reverted back to build 777 for this experiment)

1) I’m able to acquire faster satellite and GPS connectivity hold on my ST16s controller and H+
2) Video feed lag is less.
3) Able to fly at greater LAT
4) Geomagnetic interference warning is less (to none in some parts, where LIDAR is being used in the pits)
5) I’ve gain 13 controller satellite in one of the pit that has been giving the H+ lots of interference problems in the past.

Will post a video soon.

Happy Sunday, y’all.

IMG_0086.jpg

Reactions: bobbyrichter
That sounds great, R P R. Some times I wish that I was related to the French HENNESSY Alcohol industry. Then we would have some stories, I have just about secured the connectors for the 520 and H plus as they are exactly the same and some validated improvements by a electrical engineering student ( final year project) which will validate alot of things and there will be some improvements that will fit retrospectively to all towers sold ( without another complete purchase )as we move forward. So stay tuned and this will make PatR very happy as this bloke has the access to all miniature testing gear .My aim is with improvements to be able to attach to ,or add on to existing TOWERS without another purchase. Yes I know not a very good business decision but I am not DJI and Apple , Microsoft etc. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Last month, I stumbled on a thread.

Since the weather has shifted, where work has become limited, am able to have more time to thinker, with my H+ so I tried this simple mod.

I applied copper shielding at the same location as the poster, but wrapped the GPS module and wire as well as wirings that interfere.

I did not want to prematurely share my flight report, until I am certain that the mod can provided a significant change.

Today is my 3rd day, with 4 batteries flown in each 6 locations with this small mod and I’m happy to report that: (I reverted back to build 777 for this experiment)

1) I’m able to acquire faster satellite and GPS connectivity hold on my ST16s controller and H+
2) Video feed lag is less.
3) Able to fly at greater LAT
4) Geomagnetic interference warning is less (to none in some parts, where LIDAR is being used in the pits)
5) I’ve gain 13 controller satellite in one of the pit that has been giving the H+ lots of interference problems in the past.

Will post a video soon.

Happy Sunday, y’all.

View attachment 12641
Hi R P R ,
I would also be very interested in your results and how you wrapped the GPS, it is all coming together for very safe and reliable flying with our H's , 520 , and H+ for the future. No thanks to the manufacturer .
Very good to hear and see, it's great when something works out from an idea. Congratulations.
Johnno Hennessy.

Hi R P R ,
I would also be very interested in your results and how you wrapped the GPS, it is all coming together for very safe and reliable flying with our H's , 520 , and H+ for the future. No thanks to the manufacturer .
Very good to hear and see, it's great when something works out from an idea. Congratulations.
Johnno Hennessy.

Hello John,

Here’s how I shielded mine.

Wrapped the IMU wires (not need) and adhered the copper on top of the battery tray.

IMG_0095.jpg

I wrapped the GPS module and upon discovering that it’s a ublox g100 the same as the older 3DR gps and compass set, I believe at present 3DR is using taoglas, since 2015 and I might still have my tower setup from back in the day. But back to the topic.

View attachment 12655
IMG_0088.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg

I will post a video report, soon.

For a shield to be effective, it is necessary to connect the copper to the mass (the least -) of the electronic card

For a shield to be effective, it is necessary to connect the copper to the mass (the least -) of the electronic card

For now it is doing well, and has gotten good results. I have a few ideas for my next mod. I am just waiting for a new top shell to arrive.

Not always. The shield alone will block electronic interference without being bonded (grounded). As is the case with the copper shield under the top cover of the H that shields the main control board and the GPS/Compass board, -it is not bonded to anything. Bonding the shield nearly always improves it's effectiveness, but it is not always necessary. As RPR has noted, it is working fine for him.

This thread has gotten off topic. Please direct all comments back to the original post for what it was meant to be. Contain the topic to the discussion of the OP. Thank you.

This thread has gotten off topic. Please direct all comments back to the original post for what it was meant to be. Contain the topic to the discussion of the OP. Thank you.

Back on topic.. The simple mod. reshielding has helped me with build 777 and current still using, with the new build 784. I don’t think, I will take this off.

FYI, I took off the copper shield on the top of the battery carriage.

Are you using your screen recorder ST16(s) Screen Recorder ? I wondered if it it emitted RF and remember wrapping my GoPro in aluminium foil when attached to my 350QX. Of course, the recorder is ground based, but might interfere with the operation of the ST16S.

The topic of antennas and the FCC introduced by Phaedrus is one well worth creating a new thread for and moving the applicable posts to it for educational purposes. His understanding of FCC regulations, and who enforces them, is correct and apparently many don’t understand the distinctions between the FAA, FCC, and how advertising terminology would be used to separate fact from fiction in a court of law.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
The topic of antennas and the FCC introduced by Phaedrus is one well worth creating a new thread for and moving the applicable posts to it for educational purposes. His understanding of FCC regulations, and who enforces them, is correct and apparently many don’t understand the distinctions between the FAA, FCC, and how advertising terminology would be used to separate fact from fiction in a court of law.

Done!

I’ll wait. Shoot, it wasn’t until EaglesEye posted the word “done” that I realized he was a staff member. I’ll have to be more aware of these things[emoji56]

Reactions: Murray Martz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem