Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Folding frame for Q500

Reaction score
The Q500 is a great quad but somewhat large for transport, hiking etc. I am thinking of designing and building a folding frame which uses all of the q500 parts but collapses to a manageable size for transport. It could also use generic Lipo batteries. It would fold in the same fashion as my latest quad design.(See photos attached.) All frame parts would be carbon fiber. If there are others here who are interested in doing this conversion, we could get better pricing on the CF parts in quantity.
What do you think?

Attachments

• DSC05440.jpg
    DSC05440.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC05441.jpg
    DSC05441.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC06190.jpg
    DSC06190.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 53
Certainly an interesting exercize in getting the packaging size down. It certainly is a large quad. I for one would be interested in what you come up with in the future.

Keep us posted.

Great idea!

And this is why I liked the Yuneec brand - it seems to attract a lot of DIY folks that are making the most of their drones; with or without the help of Yuneec!

Please keep us updated as it's a great idea/challenge!

The Q500 is a great quad but somewhat large for transport, hiking etc. I am thinking of designing and building a folding frame which uses all of the q500 parts but collapses to a manageable size for transport. It could also use generic Lipo batteries. It would fold in the same fashion as my latest quad design.(See photos attached.) All frame parts would be carbon fiber. If there are others here who are interested in doing this conversion, we could get better pricing on the CF parts in quantity.
What do you think?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop