Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Follow me feature

Reaction score
Can I use the Typhoon H as a stationary point and have it follow a race car on an oval track using the follow me tag?

You could if you attach the wizard to the race car. With out either the wizard or the ST-16 the Aircraft has no means to visually track an object.

You could if you attach the wizard to the race car. With out either the wizard or the ST-16 the Aircraft has no means to visually track an object.
I don't want the Typhoon H to move. I just want the camera to follow the car

There is no method for the camera to track anything... it comes down to enough practice with tilt and pan control.

Thank you I have a Soloshot3 that will follow the tag on the car, but I can't get the elevation I need and it has to be in a upright position. Just thought maybe someone would have a drone to do this.

Check out a DJI 4 Quad as it might be what your looking for. The problem with any follow me mode is speed, if the speed of the object surpasses a certain MPH, the the DJI will just sit and hover. But just guessing, it might begin following again after the car comes back around the track, you would need to turn the front of the camera around to see the car you selected and to begin following again. Best thing might be to take control and fly in manual mode (atti mode) and then cut the car off at different spots on the track, whereas the car has to make the cure you could fly in sport mode to a point ahead of the car and then just keep leap frogging around the track. It can be done I am positive, but will take some real hard work and practice on the pilot's and drivers part. Good Luck, wish you were close by, I would love to take up the challenge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430