Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FollowMe and POI (point of interest)

Reaction score
My previous drone (that I still have, the DJI Advaced 3) has these nice features :
Follow-me : Just follow the pilot
&
POI (point of intrest). Fly above the POI (the center), make its radius, tell the velocity, and the drone, with its head and camera to the center, makes a beautifull circle around it.

I can not find any of these features on the H520 ... Is that not integrated ?

Well, Followme is not that needed, but POI should be a feature-request, or configurable via DataPilot. Should not be that hard to implement ...

No, the 520 is an industrial survey craft that doesn't have those consumer features.

Seriously, that was your answer? I really hope it was total sarcasm...............................

If at this point we believe the nonsense that some representative of Yuneec tells us to justify the lack of functionalities............... we go wrong.

It would be more accurate to say that Yuneec is not able to offer this and other functionalities due to the lack of development of DataPilot or Drodecode. We have been told that we will soon have them available. The "soon" with Yuneec we already know how it works .....

By the way, to do certain surveys it is necessary to have ROI........................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: PatR
Seriously, that was your answer? I really hope it was total sarcasm...............................
Yes, that was my answer, and I think it remains a perfectly reasonable assertion as to why that function isn't there.

TBH I am very surprised that someone would spend that much on a craft without knowing in advance exactly what it can and can't do. Nowhere is it claimed that the 520 can do Follow Me, so whatever the reason for it, that fact remains the case, and is what OP was asking, so no idea why you felt the need to jump down my throat about it ! :)

Reactions: 10-8
I think a lot of people bought both the 520 and H Plus with hope or expectation Yuneec would be timely and generate firmware updates that provided more functionality than the released products thus far have. If we go back to the original 520 advertising we might see the publicity units appearing to do more than the released product can. This is why many have not bought a 520 or H Plus.

What Yuneec has not done is be on top of product improvement firmware updates. At best they’ve been trying to address what’s messed up and little towards expanding function.

So is this 'not adding functionality later' quite a new thing then ? 'Cause they added quite a lot of functionality to the standard H via updates as I remember...

Indeed they did, and much faster than they have with the 520 and H Plus. There has been a critical failure with the 520 in lack of a POI feature. That is absolutely essential in a commercial drone where inspections and surveys are part of the sales pitch. It’s also a critical feature for a general photography drone, especially when all the competition has it. The inability to fly a continuous, smooth curved flight plan without stopping and re-aiming the camera has been another failure. Again something all the competition can do with their basic model programming. The foundation of those failures was poor decision making with flight controllers. They went with PX4 hoping code would be developed to do what is badly needed instead of using Pixhawk which can do all of that and much, much more. Yuneec no longer has a customer base willing to take the long view with hopes for better performance. Their customers will, and many already have, abandon them for products that will serve their needs today.

I do believe it’s a mistake to buy something with hopes it will be improved later. Know what you need and buy the product that will fulfill those needs today. It’s also a mistake to market a deficient product with hope you might be able to improve it later, especially if there’s no solid projection for improvement completion. You can’t continually pi$$ off your customers and expect them to continue buying your products. Other companies see the failures and create products they know will take your customers away from you, which is precisely what Autel and Parrot has done, and for a much lower price.

Last edited:
I am doing industrial picture with H520 the POI is very important to have it is no sens for mr and this answer :''No, the 520 is an industrial survey craft that doesn't have those consumer features.'' only the POI we need on the H520
a lot of time i need to make a cercle for a lot industrial picture, Every need.....it is a real no sens

Reactions: MarcoRivard
I am doing industrial picture with H520 the POI is very important to have it is no sens for mr and this answer :''No, the 520 is an industrial survey craft that doesn't have those consumer features.'' only the POI we need on the H520
a lot of time i need to make a cercle for a lot industrial picture, Every need.....it is a real no sens

Yes - perhaps I should have been clearer - I was referring mainly to 'follow me' with that point...

every body need to claim about to have POI on the H520 and in the next 3 month i think to go to DJi if the H520 is not release with this fonction for me it is important the poi in industrial inspection, i am tired to don't have it.

It's been almost a year that we ****** on the floor waiting for these new features on the H520 and I'm afraid we can continue a lot of time.
Meanwhile, Dji has just scored more points with his new Mavic 2 Pro and with all the features available and new ones in addition.
What to leave again the competitors to pick it up.
Poor Yunnec ...

Yes - perhaps I should have been clearer - I was referring mainly to 'follow me' with that point...

We've been waiting a long time for basic functions that the H520, but when it came out, it should have already. Not only the ROI (the POI in DJI), other things as basic as the EXP in the controls and so on. Functions that by the advertising they did before going on sale, following the promises of the manufacturer, the aircraft should have.

Maybe you arrived at the "party" late and so you believed that statement you made, that was made by some representative of Yuneec or former representative, we feel so bad to the owners that we have been waiting so long waiting for those features when they really denied everything promised earlier.

Anyway, for the H520 to be able to make an oblique flight to a waypoint, or what is the same, to be able to make a smooth turn around a point and consequently it will be able to make a circular route must be close to what we have been told. It must be in alpha or beta phase, I don't know, hopefully we'll see it soon. Think that many of us here have been waiting for 1 year now, in September :(

Oh, you know Arruntus, I do not hope much anymore.
One year without these improvements requested, it is that they will not come any more, especially as the speed where things go, the device will quickly become obsolete.

Oh, you know Arruntus, I do not hope much anymore.
One year without these improvements requested, it is that they will not come any more, especially as the speed where things go, the device will quickly become obsolete.

They've commented around here that the ROI is already in test. How long will it take to be in a final version? we don't know that, but they are. I have no reason to doubt it if they have said it. Hopefully...... ;)

“Those who cannot remember history are condemned to repeat it.” For those that review Yuneec’s model history, they may see a pattern that suggests holding off until Yuneec demonstrates improvements with product performance. Otherwise they may find themselves fitting the “a fool and his money are soon parted” cliche’. At $1500 to $1800 a pop, I would think most would want their purchase to work as it should as soon as they took it out of the box. Promises don’t cut it. Check’s in the mail, it won’t hurt, etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements