Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

footage with cpl filter Freewell

Without information about what your settings are, or what post processing you've done, it's hard to comment.

The exposure is a little bit high - the sky and white objects blown out. That makes it hard to judge the rest of the image.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks Tuna, it's automatic white balance, "gorgeous" and no post processing (windows movie maker). I should use Adobe Photoshop or something like that.

Are you using auto settings? If so, the CGO3+ doesn't do well in auto. Also it would be better to shoot in a higher resolution. I would try shooting in Natural, 1/100 sec, ISO 100-200, 1440p @ 24fps and see what you get. Lock the white balance. I'm a novice so these may not get perfect results but they should be better.

Yes Steve I use auto settings. I'll try manual settings the next time, thank you. I shoot in 1920-1080 60fps it's higher no?

Yes Steve I use auto settings. I'll try manual settings the next time, thank you. I shoot in 1920-1080 60fps it's higher no?
I get poor results with 1920-1080 which is 1080p. At least go to 2560 x 1440 which is 1440p. I shoot almost everything at max resolution now at 24 fps (or 25 fps in the UK). You just have to play with the shutter settings and ISO to get the exposure correct for the filter you're using.

Don't use auto white balance. The most neutral of the presets appears to be sunrise/sunset.
If you use auto exposure, put EV to -1 or more to stop highlights from blowing out.
Other than that, the choice is yours for which profile you want to use: use raw if you want to post-process the video, otherwise natural or gorgeous?

I'm really no professional. Hopefully a proper one will be along shortly :D

Thank Tuna and Steve I'm gonna follow your advice and hope come back with a better video, Thanks again

Reactions: lordbrummi
Higher resolution is always better. I never prefer auto settings. This is what I do:
put my settings to 3840 x 2160 : 30fps. If you do this and you want smooth movie, you must set your shutter speed to the double of 30 so 1/60.
put iso to 100 and use an ND filter to correct the exposure.
put whitebalance in a lock.
good luck

Never shoot in manuel. Shoot in raw en color correct in premiere.

Tuna "never shoot in manuel" what does it mean? I have to set "AWB" and lock it and don't determine shutter or neither iso?

O so
Tuna "never shoot in manuel" what does it mean? I have to set "AWB" and lock it and don't determine shutter or neither iso?
Sorry my mistake i mean never auto settings.
If you do that you never know how it comes out the H.
Fly yesterday also with the H and noticed that the auto white balance give different colors when the sun changes from the rotation of the gimbal. With a dji you see this not so much and i'am experiment with the H because i really have no idea how the auto setting are.
You can shoot film in raw so it get really flat. And then in premiere give contrast and color.

Ok Thank you so I set minimum 3840 X 2160 30fps, raw for the format, shutter 1/60 and iso 100, depending of course of the weather conditions...
Sorry I pilot quite good the H but for the CGO3+ pffff... it's quite hard for me, not experienced in photography o_O

Not completely satisfied : any advice welcome!

I have the Freewell filters as well. I'm not totally pleased with my results either. What I've discovered is the filters work okay when the sun is behind the camera. When the sun is in front or to side of the camera, the image is terrible. I'm sure the glass they use to construct the filters is fairly cheap. When I removed the protective plastic cover over one of the filters, the actually coating on the filter came off as well. Frank over at Carolina Dronz stood behind the purchase and sent me an entire new set of Freewell filters and told me to keep the original set. Due to the cheap glass I believe the light entering the filter scatters when into the sun, causing the poor image.

The bottom line Renaud is the lens and camera set on the H are pretty awful. When you consider what you get for the money, the H is a decent deal, but the lens/camera set is the weak link here.

The good news in your analysis is that the camera is removable...in case of a cgo4 :rolleyes:

Whilst I understand the reason for using ND's in video, as a photographer with an expensive lens on an expensive camera I would not want to degrade the image by putting a cheaper bit of glass in front of it. With the CGO3+ you have even cheaper glass to put in front of a poor lens, it certainly can't add anything to the quality of the image.

Also, if you use an ND to set your exposure for the 180 rule (or whatever it is called) how can you actually know how much ND you actually need until you are in the air? Then re-frame for another bit of video and you need to change your ND?

Reactions: yuneec53

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval