Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Formatting the CGO3 SD Card

Reaction score
Greetings fellow pilots! I searched this topic before I posted this subject. I hope I'm not posting something that comes up every week, LOL. Up until now I have formatted my card on my computer. Should I be doing this while the card is in the drone? I went over my instruction manual and searched YouTube with no results. Please advise.

I've always used the computer. Have not had any problems doing it that way.
I've always used the computer. Have not had any problems doing it that way.
Hello Tom, I haven't had any problems either, yet one of my DSLRs decided it no longer would allow me to format my cards on the computer after years of doing it that way. So I decided to at least learn the proper way to format the card for the Q. haven't found any specific instructions so i will continue to format on my computer.

I have to leave the house for awhile. I'll try to find it this afternoon or evening. Seem to remember that if you do it in the CG03, it formats to Fat32, and my cards seem to do better on xFat. SEEMS to do better, but I don't have any facts to back that up. Maybe someone more up on the formats can post something to help us both out.

I have to leave the house for awhile. I'll try to find it this afternoon or evening.

@SkySpy,
I did not find a way to format the CG03 SD Card via ST10+.
The best I found was to download the CGo3 App to my smart phone. On the CGo3 App, the "slider bars" icon in the lower right corner opens a settings menu. Choose "RESET" from that menu, and one of the options is to format the SD Card in the CGo3. It doesn't seem to have any format version choices, it appears to do only a "quick format" to FAT32.

Last edited:
I always use FAT32 and do a full format, I have had trouble using a quick format.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval