Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Forward camera mount for the H520/Typhoon H Plus/Typhoon H

Reaction score
Ever since owning a Typhoon H and now the H520, I have always been annoyed with how easily the props come into view of the camera when flying at any speed or if the weather conditions are a bit bumpy. It has ruined more than one video sequence I have shot. So now I decided to do something about it. With my prototype forward camera mount, no matter how aggressively I fly the props never come into view, even flying full speed in reverse to full speed forward!
The mount is fitted and removed in seconds, with no modification needed to the airframe whatsoever. The camera is also not modified in any way. I did think the extra forward weight would affect the flying characteristics, but the H520 compensates with no issues. This mount would also work with the Typhoon H and Typhoon H Plus.

Very cool! If you decide to sell them....I would be interested.....

Any speed, are you sure?
Now Rabbit speed yes but then just tilt the camera down a tad.

Reactions: Euphered
Any speed, are you sure?
Now Rabbit speed yes but then just tilt the camera down a tad.
Tested on the H520 in Rabbit mode this evening at all speeds, even full reverse straight into full forward and in manual mode. With camera pointing level. No need to angle camera down.

Very cool! If you decide to sell them....I would be interested.....
This is a prototype mount that I can slide the camera forward and back, so still testing for the optimal position. Once found the mount will be simplified to have just a fixed position. This maybe made available if I can source the Yuneec camera mounting parts cheap enough.

Kev, if you have an Action Grip, I'm willing to bet your adapter could allow the C23 to be used with it. If you don't have one, PM me... I have a proposal for you.

Good idea
Check if you do not have too much temperature difference between the front and rear engines, because you have shifted the center of gravity of the set

Good idea
Check if you do not have too much temperature difference between the front and rear engines, because you have shifted the center of gravity of the set
I did have some concern about the front motors having to work harder, because of the forward CofG but after the flight there was no noticable difference in temperature between the front and rear motors.

I did have some concern about the front motors having to work harder, because of the forward CofG but after the flight there was no noticable difference in temperature between the front and rear motors.
Ok, that's good, the engines are oversized in torque :)

Reactions: Kev Waite
Ever since owning a Typhoon H and now the H520, I have always been annoyed with how easily the props come into view of the camera when flying at any speed or if the weather conditions are a bit bumpy. It has ruined more than one video sequence I have shot. So now I decided to do something about it. With my prototype forward camera mount, no matter how aggressively I fly the props never come into view, even flying full speed in reverse to full speed forward!
The mount is fitted and removed in seconds, with no modification needed to the airframe whatsoever. The camera is also not modified in any way. I did think the extra forward weight would affect the flying characteristics, but the H520 compensates with no issues. This mount would also work with the Typhoon H and Typhoon H Plus.

Hi Kev. I realize that you posted this way back in 20016. How is your H going with this setup.Have you made any of these extension plates for sale. If you weren't interested in selling them could you maybe think of posting a quick sketch of the plate with dimensions please.
Regards.
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech