Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FOUND A CRASHED TYPHOON DRONE H PRO $2000

Reaction score
HELP!! We Found a typhoon drone on our building, supposedly its one of the better ones around $2000.. It's all broken up but we think someone may have been spying on us so we are wondering if there is footage saved to the drone?? I mean who crashes a $2000 drone on someones building and doesn't try to retrieve it?? Our building is next door to a bank so after we do our investigation on the matter we will probably hand it over to the police. Any help would be great!! Thanks

UPDATE - this is the TYPHOON H PRO

UPDATE #2 - found micro SD in CGO3+ camera, however its cracked and apparently the data is not retrievable. Sooooo are **** SOL on finding this video footage??

Last edited:
Hello there, me myself I've never had the opportunity to fly one of these wicked machines! However we did find one crashed on our roof.. Kind of odd, I know the flyer/operator must've known where the drone wrecked, why wouldn't they try to retrieve it?? Could someone be spying on us (possible) or someone else near us?? Maybe casing the bank next door?? Regardless we want to know if there is any video footage saved onto it??

Why do people always leap to conclusions of nefarious intents? Quite likely the owner didn't know where it came down or had concerns of personal safety in choosing not to recover it, which would have been a justifiable position to take based upon the tone of those that recovered it.

Typical paranoia that is instilled in the public's consciousness by the misinformation touted by the media. See a drone = it must be spying on us.

I gotta say that if I wanted to spy on someone, then using a UAS would be my last choice of tool.

<snip... These drones have GPS and the user had to of known within a close proximity where the drone wrecked when flying it..<snip>
No, it doesn't follow that the user knew where it landed. There could be several reasons. The GPS could have failed;; it could have been a fly away; the list is endless. Indeed, if you look through this forum you will see several posts about people's aircraft being lost. In some cases it is possible to pinpoint where the aircraft has landed if it is still sending telemetry back to the controller...but once the aircraft goes out of range in a fly away you have no hope of finding it through telemetry alone. Also, keep in mind that a fly away is often caused by some problem with the GPS or control link. All you have to go on is it's last observed flight direction and an estimate of the remaining battery power for remaining airborne.

Last edited:
Reactions: redbird007
I try to be more of a glass half full kind of guy and felt bad for the operator who has no idea where his/hers flyaway drone came down.

There is a lot of terrible stuff going on in the world, always has been. Nothing new here except my perception of the news. There is also a lot of good stuff going on in the world like drone development for one. Unfortunately no news sells like bad news so that's mostly what we hear.

Guess I'm surprised they didn't contact Yuneec with the serial no to find the owner and or just give it to the police instead of posting here.

I have reopened & cleaned the thread. Please be respectful when posting and follow the rules.

People who have no knowledge of drones could have the wrong idea thanks to the medias portrayal of sUAS. Explain to someone like this a little about how drones work so they can understand it may have come from a distance away purely by coincidence.

Threads open, please, only relevant post.

HELP!! We Found a typhoon drone on our building, supposedly its one of the better ones around $2000.. It's all broken up but we think someone may have been spying on us so we are wondering if there is footage saved to the drone?? I mean who crashes a $2000 drone on someones building and doesn't try to retrieve it?? Our building is next door to a bank so after we do our investigation on the matter we will probably hand it over to the police. Any help would be great!! Thanks

UPDATE #2 - found micro SD in CGO3+ camera, however its cracked and apparently the data is not retrievable. Sooooo are **** SOL on finding this video footage??
I don't think I would even bother trying to recover the information on the card. The drone could have crashed due to a fly away and that is how it ended up there, who knows for sure. I would probably just turn it over to the police and let them move forward on it from there.

I can understand feeling the way you would being next to a financial institution, but again, it is most likely a fly away or a catastrophic mechanical failure that brought it down. Either way I am hoping you will update us on what you learn about it if anything.

I don't think I would even bother trying to recover the information on the card. The drone could have crashed due to a fly away and that is how it ended up there, who knows for sure. I would probably just turn it over to the police and let them move forward on it from there.

I can understand feeling the way you would being next to a financial institution, but again, it is most likely a fly away or a catastrophic mechanical failure that brought it down. Either way I am hoping you will update us on what you learn about it if anything.
I try to be more of a glass half full kind of guy and felt bad for the operator who has no idea where his/hers flyaway drone came down.

There is a lot of terrible stuff going on in the world, always has been. Nothing new here except my perception of the news. There is also a lot of good stuff going on in the world like drone development for one. Unfortunately no news sells like bad news so that's mostly what we hear.

Guess I'm surprised they didn't contact Yuneec with the serial no to find the owner and or just give it to the police instead of posting here.

to have some chance of getting a usb drive or such returned if found, the first thing i do is put a word document on all my thumbdrives entitled "if_found_please_return_to" with my name and vital info listed. i would think you can put a word file like that on the sd card?

to have some chance of getting a usb drive or such returned if found, the first thing i do is put a word document on all my thumbdrives entitled "if_found_please_return_to" with my name and vital info listed. i would think you can put a word file like that on the sd card?
That is a brilliant idea!

thanks...but i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer!
i also put a return address label on my drone and write my telephone number with pentel marker and the words "reward offered" on the drone hoping that it will stand a chance of being returned to me! i also put reflective tape all around the drone in order to try to find it with a flashlight/spotlight if lost in the trees. i learned this stuff the hard way!!!!

Hi,

If the drone is registered with FAA it would have sticker and a number which starts with FA### you could look up the owner. Also i would not belive anyone would be spying on you. Things happen with Drones, it may just have failed the owner due to lost signal or battery died etc.

Or lots forget about the migrations that happen this time of year bird strikes are very common this time of year. He most likely wasn’t casing the bank or your place. Not with a 2000 dollar drone that leaves bread crumb tracks. I wouldn’t get to worried the owner is probably at fault and doesn’t want to knock on doors say hey did you by any chance find a drone in your yard? Not a good way to knock on a door these days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox