Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FrSky Taranis X9D+ w/mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Greetings,

I happily picked up this Taranis X9D (mode 2) at a local swap meet as a parts unit last winter. It included the R9M external module and it was quite cheap. It had no battery, a couple toggles were busted and gimbal stick ends were missing but otherwise it seemed ok. Cosmetically perfect except for the screen glass that was a bit hazy.

After getting it home and getting a little deeper into it, I found that it was not ready for the junk heap. It was perfectly fine. Replaced 2 toggle switches/stick ends and added a battery. It bound to a FrSky X8R receiver and drove a servo no problem.

So I thought, what the heck, I'll keep it as a second ready-to-go TX. I modded-in the obligatory 6-position S3 switch for flight modes (or whatever) and did the speaker upgrade from 0.5W to 2W. The internal antenna was not modified. Never quite agreed with the internal antenna mod. Given that you are dealing with quite small board solders for this mod I say...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There are external modules that can make things "better" or different. Don't mess with the stock TX IMO if you don't need too. If the antenna gets busted then, that's a different story.

Nevertheless ultimately, I don't need a second perfectly good/tricked-out X9D. I want a decent spare parts X9D. This one deserves to live.

The software has been upgraded to latest OpenTX firmware (2.2.3). If you want the Yaapu telemetry pictured, you can download the script here. yaapu/FrskyTelemetryScript . This unit will be reset to factory default before being sent to you. If you would like me to preinstall the PWM Curve for the 6 position S3 switch prior to shipping please let me know.

So, I am offering this beautifully salvaged, restored and upgraded FrSky Taranis X9D Plus including the R9M External Long Range Module for the ridiculously poultry sum of $150 including shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_1562.JPG
    IMG_1562.JPG
    782 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1568.JPG
    IMG_1568.JPG
    628.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics