Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fry's Electronics Should Be Ashamed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am not sure where to start! This is going to be a RANT about the business practices of Yuneec. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I had just purchased the Typhoon H from Fry's Electronics. After I picked it up and drove the 50 miles back home and unpacked it, it did not have the Intel RealSense module installed in it (AS ADVERTISED ON THE WEB PAGE!).

On Fry Electronics Webpage, there is a section called "From The Manufacturer" under that Section, it is (was) clearly stated that this drone comes with "RealSense". I took the drone back to Fry's and argued with them for over an hour and a half in an attempt to resolve the problem, to no avail. Their position being that it was Yuneec fault. I left, drove the 50 miles back home, filed a repair request, fully explaining EXACTLY what had happened, providing links to the page etc. They wanted the data from the card, I sent that in and they authorized the repair, I was sent a PrePaid Return Label and instruction to only send the drone and the controller.

I waited nearly 2 weeks after sending it, before I contacted them again...That began a series of FRUSTRATING messages, emails etc. The tech that answered my first message wanted to know if I had a receipt. It went downhill from there!

The bottom line is they refused to provide the RealSense module and wanted to charge me an additional $661.00 to install the RealSense module! This for something YUNEEC said was INCLUDED in my purchase!

I am glad that I had the foresight to save and print to PDF the page that I ordered from, because YUNEEC has CHANGED the page for the drone I purchase and does not show the RealSense module in the "From The Manufacturer". A CLEAR attempt (To me anyway) to Cover their ***, since I have since told them I would be contacting the Attorney Generals in both Oregon and Washington for false and deceptive practices. That link is here: https://www.frys.com/product/9559722?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

If you scroll down the PDF you will see what I am talking about. I find it absolutely MIND BOGGLING that Yuneec is treating a return customer (I also own a Q500 4K) they way I have been treated.

If anyone has any suggestions about what to do or if you know someone at Yuneec that I can call....Don't bother with the listed numbers on their web site...They are USELESS!

TIA

TW

PS: Thanks for letting me rant! :) and I will be cross posting this in other Forums as well, I want EVERYONE to KNOW how Yuneec TREATS its Customers!

Attachments

• Yuneec Ripoff.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 37
And was this purchase made by credit card? You should simply return the item... take photos of the item being handed back to Fry's personnel, and have your credit card company initiate a chargeback, due to the item not matching the advertised model.

And since Yuneec has zero control on what is put up or removed from a Fry's website, your website documentation issue is with Fry's, not Yuneec.

Reactions: biltno
And was this purchase made by credit card? You should simply return the item... take photos of the item being handed back to Fry's personnel, and have your credit card company initiate a chargeback, due to the item not matching the advertised model.

And since Yuneec has zero control on what is put up or removed from a Fry's website, your website documentation issue is with Fry's, not Yuneec.
I am on Social Security and the only CC I have is the SS Account one and that doesn't allow money to be added or things returned and Fry's has already denied any responsibility. I have to agree, since the Information about the drone is PUSHED by Yuneec.

I'm sorry this happened, but I suspect someone at Fry's has simply uploaded the information for the H Pro when they should have listed the H Standard they had. Once you alerted them, they changed that on the website, which I would think was more about correcting the situation in the future than trying to prove you a liar - they don't want an angry customer any more than you want to be one !

I guess the pivotal question we have to ask is 'did you pay the price of a realsense H, or did you pay the price of a Standard model ? As we know, there is roughly a $600 difference between the 2... If you paid the realsense price, then of course you are fully justified in pursuing this all the way, but if you paid a typical rate for the standard machine, then isn't this just a case of mistaken listing information, something they have now corrected, and you still have what you paid for, right, even if you were temporarily misled into thinking your were getting realsense ultra-cheap ?

Last edited:
Your beef is with Fry's and not with Yuneec. Filing a complaint with the AG and with the BBB is the best approach.

I'm sorry this happened, but I suspect someone at Fry's has simply uploaded the information for the H Pro when they should have listed the H Standard they had. Once you alerted them, they changed that on the website, which I would think was more about correcting the situation in the future than trying to prove you a liar - they don't want an angry customer any more than you want to be one !

I guess the pivotal question we have to ask is 'did you pay the price of a realsense H, or did you pay the price of a Standard model ? As we know, there is roughly a $600 difference between the 2... If you paid the realsense price, then of course you are fully justified in pursuing this all the way, but if you paid a typical rate for the standard machine, then isn't this just a case of mistaken listing information, something they have now corrected, and you still have what you paid for, right, even if you were temporarily misled into thinking your were getting realsense ultra-cheap ?

Why is it MY responsibility to make sure I am paying full freight for RealSense technology!?!? If I had thought it was NOT a RealSense drone, I would NOT have driven 50 **** miles to buy it! The bottom line is I WAS DECEIVED. I don't care who DECEIVED me. I DON'T CARE if it was an Innocent Mistake. If that was the case, the FACT remains that it was NOT MY MISTAKE!

I already have a drone (Q500 4K) that has been upgraded and is a wonderful drone...

I agree. You were deceived by Fry's. They should make it right.

Considering that you do have some documentation of inaccurate advertising by Fry's, I would consider re-exploring Social Security's position on this transaction... the government cannot ignore the same consumer protections it enforces on all financial institutions. If you had direct deposited your Social Security benefit into a checking account, the financial institution that provides you with a card to access those funds, still has to stand by the regulations regarding questioned transactions on that issued card.

Why is it MY responsibility to make sure I am paying full freight for RealSense technology!?!? If I had thought it was NOT a RealSense drone, I would NOT have driven 50 **** miles to buy it! The bottom line is I WAS DECEIVED. I don't care who DECEIVED me. I DON'T CARE if it was an Innocent Mistake. If that was the case, the FACT remains that it was NOT MY MISTAKE!

I already have a drone (Q500 4K) that has been upgraded and is a wonderful drone...

Dude - I'm really not having a go - just trying to give you an 'outsider view'...

Of course it's not your job to set the prices in individual stores. But it is your job to know what the going rate is for an expensive item like this, which presumably you have spent quite some time researching before purchase ? And if you saw a drone claiming to have RS for much cheaper than everywhere else I'm just surprised that didn't set off alarm bells for you. Surely this was something that could have been checked / resolved by a single phone call to the store before you travelled 50 miles to go get it ? I get that it's not your responsibility, and I do sympathize of course, but I also know I would have been deeply suspicious and definitely would have checked before purchase... so guess I'm just wondering why the low price didn't make you enquire further ?

This was posted on FB and I and others could not find anything that referred to "RealSense". The normal H is described with an image of a realsense installed but the Realsense isn't on the screen grab that I could find.

Reactions: biltno

I'm sorry that this happened to you. It is WRONG. It should be rectified. Both of the parties involved absolve themselves of the issue.

In the year 2018 most everyone has a credit card that can help in these situations. It is YOUR responsibility because you could have opened the box at Fry's, once home you could have immediately contacted them, etc. etc. etc.

If you want this resolved no one can fix things but you. You will have to contact the BBB and apply some pressure and get them on your side or go up the corporate ladder with Fry's. Can you post a comment on the Fry's website? Does your state handle consumer fraud cases?

Many local TV stations have people who are willing to get "on your side". Raise a ruckus.

This was posted on FB and I and others could not find anything that referred to "RealSense". The normal H is described with an image of a realsense installed but the Realsense isn't on the screen grab that I could find.
You must have clicked on the link, which is the one referenced that I said they changed to cover their butt....The link that I was deceived by is in the PDF that WAS attached to the post...It is NOW MISSING!

This makes me think that Yuneec is responsible, since this is their Group!...Not this group, the FB Group

Last edited:
You must have clicked on the link, which is the one referenced that I said they changed to cover their ***....The link that I was deceived by is in the PDF that WAS attached to the post...It is NOW MISSING!

This makes me think that Yuneec is responsible, since this is their Group!

I agree - it definitely does mention realsense in the PDF. But I think inferring from it that this suggests Yuneec aimed to deceive is way off the mark. What possible advantage would it be for them to intentionally misrepresent a product they sell ? That's just angry customers later, and nobody wants that ! For me, and granted I am not in possession of all the facts, but everything about this you have said points to a simple error in listing information by Fry's. One of the greatest things about Yuneec is their customer service, which often goes way further than most manufacturers to make sure they have happy pilots... To intentionally deceive like this is just so unusual and out of character for them, I am disinclined to believe it was their error at all, and if it was, surely it was a mistake not a calculated attempt to deceive... humans make mistakes all the time, but there is a big gap between a store trusting a clark to list something they don't fully understand, and knowingly misrepresenting a product for sale. I would bet that if investigations are done, it'll turn out to be the former.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbyrichter
You must have clicked on the link, which is the one referenced that I said they changed to cover their butt....The link that I was deceived by is in the PDF that WAS attached to the post...It is NOW MISSING!

This makes me think that Yuneec is responsible, since this is their Group!

Willie you are letting the situation get to you...

1) Your attached PDF went NOWHERE... it is still attached to your original post. And I just downloaded it again, and it is identical to the file you uploaded originally...

2) You have to get off of this conception of Yuneec controlling anything in this circumstance... this board, Fry's website... ANYTHING!

As hurtful as this may sound, a good percentage of this is YOUR OWN FAULT. One point that I have kept silent on is this... after driving 50 miles, why did you NOT open the box and inspect the product before handing over your payment to them? Were there any markings on the box that indicated it was a Typhoon H "Professional" model? You are giving the part-timer at Fry's a lot of credit for knowledge of the product, as opposed to the purchaser who has spent many hours here on a forum, and should have a knowledge base that on this product that far exceeds the Fry's personnel.... at least in theory.

Even this sub-forum has been designated Typhoon H Pro discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: thoneter
Willie you are letting the situation get to you...

1) Your attached PDF went NOWHERE... it is still attached to your original post. And I just downloaded it again, and it is identical to the file you uploaded originally...

2) You have to get off of this conception of Yuneec controlling anything in this circumstance... this board, Fry's website... ANYTHING!

As hurtful as this may sound, a good percentage of this is YOUR OWN FAULT. One point that I have kept silent on is this... after driving 50 miles, why did you NOT open the box and inspect the product before handing over your payment to them? Were there any markings on the box that indicated it was a Typhoon H "Professional" model? You are giving the part-timer at Fry's a lot of credit for knowledge of the product, as opposed to the purchaser who has spent many hours here on a forum, and should have a knowledge base that on this product that far exceeds the Fry's personnel.... at least in theory.

Even this sub-forum has been designated Typhoon H Pro discussion.
If you had been through what I have been through since June, it would be getting to you too. Where did you find the PDF? I just looked again and it is not there.

I'm sorry you've had a rough time of it lately... going through some things myself. Screen capture of your post at the top of this thread...

willie_post.jpg

This whole thing started when I received an email from Fry's Electronics with a clickable link to the drone. I made my decision to purchase, after agonizing over whether or not to purchase it and researching RealSense on Yuneec's website and the information on Fry's website.

I decided to pull the trigger and ordered it online for pick up at the store, never giving a second thought to the possibility that I would not receive what was advertised! When I got it home and unboxed, was when I discovered it was missing the RealSense module. That is when I boxed it back up and tried to return it to Fry's...I was ADAMANT they were responsible for it and I argued with the Manager for over and hour back and forth between him and higher ups. The bottom line is they refused to do ANYTHING...So, what am I supposed to do at that point? I did the only thing I could do at that point...Walk away before I got myself arrested!

I contacted Yuneec Tech Support (this is a joke), explaining exactly what transpired, complete with a link to the webpage. They asked for the data, which I sent, then they sent me the authorization and a pre-paid shipping label. I think to any normal person, this would indicate they were going to take care of it for them...Didn't happen! The drone sat in Kansas for nearly two weeks before any further communication.

Then this:

"Hi William,

Based on the research you have done and on what are our team has found, the unit you have purchased does not include a Real Sense module with this bundle. The part number for the item you purchased and it is YUNTYHCSENT, where as the bundle with the Real Sense is part number YUNTYHBRUS. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide you with a Real Sense module for this unit due to the fact that you purchased a unit that did not have it included in the bundle. If you would like to purchase it separately, please feel free to call in to order support team and dial the number 2 at the prompt to be transferred to them.

Thank you,

Customer Service|Yuneec USA
2275 Sampson Ave. Ste 200
Corona, CA 92879 "

Really?!? Come on I'm supposed to know what your Model numbering system is?!? Why didn't you ask me before I sent it to you?

Frustrated?! **** Right I am!

Last edited:
I'm sorry you've had a rough time of it lately... going through some things myself. Screen capture of your post at the top of this thread...

View attachment 10542
No you misunderstand...The PDF I am referring to was posted on the Yuneec Typhoon H Official Owners Group on FaceBook.

Ultimately, I think your solution will rest with some sort of consumer protection action... if Social Security claims to have no provisions for questionable transactions on that card, I'd contact TX state attorney general, regarding state level consumer fraud protections. If needed, contact local TV station consumer fraud investigations, Twitter... whatever is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem