Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Full cage for Plus and H520.

How ever it still will have issues with small tree branches/leaves that will protrude the cage. Lets see a demo of him flying through trees. That's were more people have issues with, TREES!
This would be good for roof inspections of the type.

Is that an extra battery on the back, for the light he's using?

How ever it still will have issues with small tree branches/leaves that will protrude the cage. Lets see a demo of him flying through trees. That's were more people have issues with, TREES!
This would be good for roof inspections of the type.
True but I don't think it's invented for flying through trees but rather indoor flights.

That looks very cool. I was going to order the standard prop cage but I like the looks of this one. Here's is the item I was talking about.

Yuneec Typhoon H Propeller Protectors - Blade Guards

The discussion here is about a release for the H Plus. The item you refer to is for the Typhoon H or H Pro. Also I will point out, I have never seen a single post from someone using the set above in a scenario, where the guards actually protected in the manner they claim to... not ever.

Reactions: PatR and oliver
The discussion here is about a release for the H Plus. The item you refer to is for the Typhoon H or H Pro. Also I will point out, I have never seen a single post from someone using the set above in a scenario, where the guards actually protected in the manner they claim to... not ever.

Just curious, Eagle... have you seen a post complaining they did NOT protect as claimed?

Another of my “could not resist” comebacks. But still curious.

Jeff

Is that an extra battery on the back, for the light he's using?
The little pack on the back of the 520 is a flotation device for SAR. It's held in place by the drop system that is also being introduced.
The cage seems to be intended for protection near walls and ceilings, indoors or outdoors and for tight quarters inspections.

Reactions: Peggy and AH-1G
How will a cage be applicable for roof inspection (and or structural?)
Helping to prevent hitting obstacles in the roof area, if you hit a structure you have chance to correct instead of damage, but something could still get through the extra protection if your not careful.

I've done a few roof inspections in some windy conditions. At times the depth perception is hard to determine. Roof inspections require you to get very close in order to see damage as you know.
Roofs come in all sorts of angles and pitches, easy to get disoriented from the ground.
But I do agree having better FW is optimum.

Great product for indoor flights and close inspections, this avoided taking an E50 that has shake.
thank you for the info

Was at the show yesterday and saw Dan from Yuneec demonstrate this cage it worked really well. I will be putting an order in for one of these. The drop release on the back was also on demo to show how a floatation device could be dropped over someone in water as a life saving measure. Worked very well, impressed. They also showed some LED drone mounted lights as well that should be good for lots of applications.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Being new to the Yuneec brand and such.... is it normal for UK products to also be released on this side of the pond(USA) for Yuneec owners or is this something being made for a UK shop only?

We have an H520 just for Public Safety and all of the features mentioned above would be GREAT!! If I could get a payload drop system I could sell one of my other SAR units completely and just use my H520.

I watched their FB Live this morning and now I really want the cage and drop system.

I'm wondering how difficult it is to install/remove the cage. I don't wanna show up on scene and say, "Hey you guys... give me 20 minutes to get everything installed before we make entry" LOL

Reactions: seowashdc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop