Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Future shock

Reaction score
in the midst of the many hassles that people are having with the Breeze app, I wanted to just remark that if you are among the folks who have no issues with the Breeze at this point....

...does it ever strike you that in what seems like the blink of an eye, things like high def cameras and RF controlled flying machines with tiny onboard computers and GPS units cost so little compared to the retired gear in my closet? I paid $2,000 for my 720 x 480 DV camcorder, $300 for my Garmin GPS, and had I tried to buy an RF controlled model plane, I would guess $1,000. Not to mention that the $350 iPhone for controlling the drone also can easily replace the humongous Dell 360 workstation ($1500) with video capture card ($800) for editing the video.

When I pull the Breeze out of the little white plastic case, I can’t help but be amazed at what I got for $239 at Best Buy. It’s just plain weird. I know this is of little value to the people struggling to get it to work, but I had to remark on this. Moore’s Law in action.

Yup,
I have a closet with some of the same DO Dads.
Although, my one RC fixed wing will be pushing the $1K mark once I put a flight controller into it. But then it is designed for duration.

I agree with you, I have everything you mentioned and more. I have 3 drones, and they all amaze me Everytime I fly. All of them have different uses. My Mavic Pro is my all around drone, it does every the Breeze does, but it's very expensive and takes planning when you fly. My Breeze a great little drone, it's role is to simply fly around the property and tease me my Dogs, and take selphies and videos anywhere. My Third drone is the H501S Hubson advanced. This drone has a FPV camera, and a controller that includes live video. It also transmit video to my FPV Goggles. It has all the basic GPS, altitude hold and follow me. The modes are all done on 3 toggle switches. The Hubsan flys fast and it's a tough as a tank, and had no setup time.

in the midst of the many hassles that people are having with the Breeze app, I wanted to just remark that if you are among the folks who have no issues with the Breeze at this point....

...does it ever strike you that in what seems like the blink of an eye, things like high def cameras and RF controlled flying machines with tiny onboard computers and GPS units cost so little compared to the retired gear in my closet? I paid $2,000 for my 720 x 480 DV camcorder, $300 for my Garmin GPS, and had I tried to buy an RF controlled model plane, I would guess $1,000. Not to mention that the $350 iPhone for controlling the drone also can easily replace the humongous Dell 360 workstation ($1500) with video capture card ($800) for editing the video.

When I pull the Breeze out of the little white plastic case, I can’t help but be amazed at what I got for $239 at Best Buy. It’s just plain weird. I know this is of little value to the people struggling to get it to work, but I had to remark on this. Moore’s Law in action.
I know exactly what you mean. I built my first PC in 2002, it was a budget gaming computer for $500 with a massive 512ram and 2ghz single core CPU [emoji23][emoji23]

Many years ago, my powerful laptop for work cost me $1,600; MSFT ($87 a share today) was about $1 a share then. I got some good use with that powerful laptop then I retired it.
When I called Salvation Army to donate it, they specifically asked for the processor name and type. When I said Intel 486, they said no thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss