Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FYI - NAS Endangered

• Thread starter Deleted member 13635
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13635

Posted by a member of the Commercial Drone Pilots Forum.

Many of you already know that (here in the U.S.) the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws has twice this year introduced drafts of a Tort Law Related to Drones Act that would transfer authority for low altitude (200' AGL and below) airspace to state and local government and law enforcement agencies. (The first draft was quietly withdrawn when the FAA publicly rebuked the attempted power grab. But a revised proposal has now been put forth.)

And, you may be aware that the drone management software company, AirMap (among others), has voiced support for such a scheme. (In a LinkedIn posting earlier today AirMap stated, "Together, Azure - Microsoft's Cloud Computing Platform and AirMaps airspace management platform, hope to 'create technology that will allow state and local authorities to authorize drone flights and enforce local rules and restrictions' to help scale drone adoption within enterprises."

Privatization of the first 200' AGL of the NAS may no doubt result in a "pay-to-play" system and create a very lucrative opportunity for companies like AirMap. However, the patchwork quilt of local rules, restrictions, and fees that this "power grab" would create would be a nightmare for sUAS operators (professional and hobbyists alike), and would certainly stifle enterprise.

I encourage all drone pilots to contact the advocacy office of their sUAS organizations (be that the AMA or AOPA), their local FSDO office, the office of the FAA administrator, and their representatives in congress and voice their strong opposition to this privatization attempt. We have the safest National Airspace System in the world, and a national drone community (hobbies & professional) that is booming. Don't let the unfettered greed of a few ruin that.

I will be contacting my US Congresspersons as well as my US Representative in this matter once again.

I will also be contacting my local government and police agencies to let them know they have no right stepping on the toes of the FAA that controls our NAS.

When push comes to shove, I’ll be building my own multirotor aircraft and AirMap and the like can take their airspace authorization system and shove in the deepest body cavity I can plant it in.

The FAA rules the airspace and I’m getting darn sick and tired of these multi billion dollar companies and their cronies trying to take it over. The last goose gun I had was good out to a distance of 75 to 100 yards. If it could down a goose I’m sure it can take out a commercial delivery drone.

Last edited:
I will be contacting my US Congresspersons as well as my US Representative in this matter once again.

I will also be contacting my local government and police agencies to let them know they have no right stepping on the toes of the FAA that controls our NAS.

When push comes to shove, I’ll be building my own multirotor aircraft and AirMap and the like can take their airspace authorization system and shove in the deepest body cavity I can plant it in.

The FAA rules the airspace and I’m getting darn sick and tired of these multi billion dollar companies and their cronies trying to take it over. The last goose gun I had was good out to a distance of 75 to 100 yards. If it could down a goose I’m sure it can take out a commercial delivery drone.

Well said

This should also apply to RC hobbyist, drones should not be singled out.

Within the letter of law drones and RC aircraft are one and the same. There is no separation between them.

As for government, it has reached the point people must recognize ours exists primarily to serve limited interests. Corporate revenue generation, the ultra wealthy, and two political parties. Until we as a people make our displeasure of this condition clear I’m afraid they will not give the common man the time of day. For clear evidence of the corporate situation we only need to review how PG&E is being protected from criminal and civil prosecution in California. They are killing a great many people in some of the most horrible ways through politically protected negligence. They are being protected for the purpose of increasing share holder revenue and PG&E debt holders.

I’ve always been a pretty good marksman and when it gets to the point I can’t fly my own drone. The commercial delivery drones that trespass over my property will be treated as such and parts that are salvageable will be sold through the underground market.

When I order a package for delivery I want to see a person earning a living making that delivery, not some noisy nature destroying oversized hunk of junk dropping it in my front yard where anyone happening along can make off with it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis