Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gear 360 attachment

Reaction score
Had anyone attached a Gear 360 camera to the H and flown it? I'm thinking of getting an extra plate and mounting it that way. The 360 weighs less than the GCO3 so that shouldn't be an issue. Obviously it won't be stabilized, but if you're just hovering in place it should be fine, right?

Sounds just fine to me. You might want it lower than the CGO3+ so it's not in your 360 camera view. The H can most definitely carry the load too. I was carrying up to almost a pound the other day.

I guess it will work just fine. Videos might be difficult since the aircraft is moving anyway even if you try to keep it steady. If you are only going to take pictures, I expect good results.

I definitely would be interested in seeing the pics the 360 produces. That's a clever little cam!

-C

Sounds just fine to me. You might want it lower than the CGO3+ so it's not in your 360 camera view. The H can most definitely carry the load too. I was carrying up to almost a pound the other day.

I'm going to remove the CGO3 and mount it there. I have two H's and will put this one on my "spare" that I have. Trying to figure out the best way to mount it. I'm going to try to use an extra plate, but there isn't much clearance there.

This does raise a question, other than visual feedback not being there, there is nothing preventing me from flying the H without a camera, correct? I'm not going to fly far and it's going to be very brief flights so LOS won't be an issue.

I flew this weekend without a camera. It was fun to focus only on LOS flight. No problems at all.

This does raise a question, other than visual feedback not being there, there is nothing preventing me from flying the H without a camera, correct? I'm not going to fly far and it's going to be very brief flights so LOS won't be an issue.
I just sent in my camera to be fixed. I've been flying my drone all over kingdom come. No problems at all. GPS wasn't even on either. I went out as far as 400ft without GPS. really works your sense of direction. I found it good practice for emergencies.

Reactions: h1pst3r88
I MacGuyver'd a mount for my gear 360. All I basically did was buy a mounting plate for the regular camera and attached a 1x4 square to that and the 360 to that. It's really low rent, but I just wanted to test it and see if it would work and how bad the shudder is with no gimbal.

I've done this on my q500. I mounted it behind the cgo3 with a stick on camera mount that the 360 screws onto. Work well but 360 has bad video quality especially without stabalization.

Went out last night to test this. Drove to the site, nailed landing pad into the ground, took the H out...where the **** are my props? Oh yeah, that's right they are on the workbench that I was working on this.

Will try again later.

Went out last night to test this. Drove to the site, nailed landing pad into the ground, took the H out...where the **** are my props? Oh yeah, that's right they are on the workbench that I was working on this.

Will try again later.

lol

happily I am not the only one....

:rolleyes:

This is a thread from long ago, but I have an update for it.

I finally got around to doing this (albeit with a Ricoh Theta V and not the Gear 360). I removed the stock camera and used a dummy plate with the Theta attached to it. Flying blind I did a couple of runs. One with video and one with pictures every 5 seconds. With the default camera removed I was flying blind, but I wasn't going to go far with it anyway.

Had an issue of being chased by a hawk, but at least got enough for a proof of concept.

The pictures turned out fine.

The video...well the video was amazing. There was a hint of jello here and there, but overall it is as good as I could have hoped for. I watched it back in VR (HTC Vive) and is pretty amazing. VR is neat and all, but there have been few experiences that really just made me smile and say, "Wow!" This was one of them. Went straight up off the landing pad to about 100 feet and it legit felt like I was flying.

One thing I did learn if you are planning to watch these type of videos back in VR: Don't rotate the drone. Use the left stick for altitude control and that is it. Why? If you rotate the drone it really screws with your sense of balance. Edit: One other thing. Remember to pull the landing gear up. I forgot and ruined my first flight for this.

I hope to take this setup out this weekend and do some flyovers of the high school football stadium by my house.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace