Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gens Ace Battery Sale

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for great batteries for their H920/H920+, Tower Hobby is having a sale. I am using these in my H920+ and they are the best I have found to replace the inadequate stock batteries. Only need to change out the connectors.

Last edited:
SkyVidTek
I unfortunately bought 6 extra batteries YUNEEC 4000 mah wish I would have been privy to this forum before I did. my ? is to your knowledge is this Gens ace 22.2V 5000 Capacity 6S Voltage 60C LiPo, EC5 | Tower Hobbies the best battery for our Tornado H920 Plus models because its quite a investment but would like the best I can buy
P.S. also can you only get 2 batteries in compartment seems as though I read that somewhere T.I.A. RETRO BOB

Last edited:
Mounted in pairs in the tight battery box of the 920/920+, those were the best I could find for dimensions and output, and are very stable. As has been mentioned, you need to, carefully, change the connector to EC3 from EC5 and make a slight shave of the battery box lower edge for clearance of the leads. (If requested I can post pics of my mods)

There are other batteries which may fit and have good output, but at the time I did my research - about 2 years ago, I chose these: www.genstattu.com/gens-ace-5000mah-22-2v-60c-6s1p-lipo-battery-pack-with-ec5-plug.html

About 2 years ago others had found Zippy compact 6S, 25C, 5000mA to be a good, reasonably priced alternative, but they are now discontinued.

Reactions: retro bob
Please do a search or I will give you a hint..... (read this full thread)

The 920 battery issue subject is well covered in this thread, as well my posted photos of the Gens Ace battery installation. In the photo #1876, of my installed batteries you can see I did some grinding/shaving of the rails at the lower outer edge of the box to give more clearance for the thick battery leads.

SkyVidTek thank you for your help I purchased (4) of the Gen ace 5000MAH batteries you recommended.
very happy with 1st flight 15-16 minutes before 1st low voltage alert 30 deg f out today and got a 21 minute flight with a bit of juice left very happy thus far thank you

Reactions: SkyVidTek
I know this is late, but I use ec5 to ec3 adapters for the Gen Ace batteries. I have a problem closing the battery door, but the door doesn't really hold the batteries in anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop