Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Geofence Altitude control

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a breeze and am experiencing an odd issue. First off this is my second drone and I’m fairly good at flying it. It survived its first crash only damaging one prop and shattering all the guards. I’m using an iPhone 6s with Bluetooth controller. When in flight the breeze is not tracking its altitude it tracks up to about 60 feet and resets itself and goes 60 more feet. So long story short I accidentally hit the RTH button and my breeze started to head to 100 feet, since the altitude keeps resetting it keeps trying to hit the 100 feet. By the time I realized something was wrong as you can guess my breeze was way up there, guessing close to 400 feet (got some good video) before I managed to cancel RTH, remarkably not loosing connection and bring it down. On the ascent the altitude would go to zero still aways up and it would pause and then continue down going negative on elevation meter. Hitting the land button caused it to drop regain and drop again searching for the ground. Anyone else have this issue with theirs? I don’t like that it easily exceeded its geofence.

Reactions: Ratbast857
Did the Breeze exhibit this behavior before the crash?

This is not normal behavior. Check the colored glass over the IR sensor and make sure it is not cracked and free of smudges. It is also plausible that there is something loose blocking the IR sensor intermittently. You can check it by removing the battery and use a small flat screwdriver or knife to gently pry the bottom cover open where it meets the battery compartment. Gently work toward the camera being very careful right at the front to not damage the two small locking tabs there. While open, visually inspect the connectors are fully seated also. Replace the bottom cover by gently replacing starting at the front and working toward the battery compartment.

It is also possible the barometer is damaged. If it still keeps resetting the height, try exchanging at the place of purchase. If you are past that period contact Yuneec Customer Support at http://yuneec.com/support, choose Speak to a Pro, then try Chat. If there is none available schedule a phone support call.

Did the Breeze exhibit this behavior before the crash?

This is not normal behavior. Check the colored glass over the IR sensor and make sure it is not cracked and free of smudges. It is also plausible that there is something loose blocking the IR sensor intermittently. You can check it by removing the battery and use a small flat screwdriver or knife to gently pry the bottom cover open where it meets the battery compartment. Gently work toward the camera being very careful right at the front to not damage the two small locking tabs there. While open, visually inspect the connectors are fully seated also. Replace the bottom cover by gently replacing starting at the front and working toward the battery compartment.

It is also possible the barometer is damaged. If it still keeps resetting the height, try exchanging at the place of purchase. If you are past that period contact Yuneec Customer Support at http://yuneec.com/support, choose Speak to a Pro, then try Chat. If there is none available schedule a phone support call.
I did notice the altitude not reading correctly before the crash. I only use pilot mode so didn’t worry about it. I failed to account for its importance for auto functions. The glass is not broken. The crash happened on take off it veered hard right about 2 feet off the ground and hit a wall. Here’s a pic if you can guess the altitude.41EDABC9-EEEF-4E93-852A-6F89FF205D45.png

With that reply, exchange it at place of purchase if possible. If that period has passed contact Yuneec as stated previously. There is a definite problem with the unit. the hard veer right after takeoff sounds like a TBE (toilet bowl effect) if it had room it would have gone in an ever expanding spiral.

With that reply, exchange it at place of purchase if possible. If that period has passed contact Yuneec as stated previously. There is a definite problem with the unit. the hard veer right after takeoff sounds like a TBE (toilet bowl effect) if it had room it would have gone in an ever expanding spiral.

I talked to Yuneec today and they want me to send in the breeze. I bought it at Walmart and I’m within the return period but I had read other posts saying Walmart May have gotten a bad batch so I figure it’s better to let their experts handle it. I have to send the flight logs and I think I’m also going to send the videos and pics on a usb drive since I use the RC to fly it. Some have said the logs are blank when the RC is used. Does that seem to be clear logic?

I talked to Yuneec today and they want me to send in the breeze. I bought it at Walmart and I’m within the return period but I had read other posts saying Walmart May have gotten a bad batch so I figure it’s better to let their experts handle it. I have to send the flight logs and I think I’m also going to send the videos and pics on a usb drive since I use the RC to fly it. Some have said the logs are blank when the RC is used. Does that seem to be clear logic?

The controller is actually Bluetooth and just sends information to the Breeze Cam app that still uses WiFi for communicating control signals to the Breeze.

You probably read some of my posts. We have found that the FlightLog file terminated as soon as the mode is set to Controller mode.

If you post the zip file with the flight logs usingbthe Attach files button we can analyze the logs you are sending to a Yuneec to get an independent opinion.

The controller is actually Bluetooth and just sends information to the Breeze Cam app that still uses WiFi for communicating control signals to the Breeze.

You probably read some of my posts. We have found that the FlightLog file terminated as soon as the mode is set to Controller mode.

If you post the zip file with the flight logs usingbthe Attach files button we can analyze the logs you are sending to a Yuneec to get an independent opinion.
Ok, how do I get the files off of my iPhone? I’ve narrowed my issue with some test flights. It holds a steady hover up until 20 feet, after that it says it is hovering when it’s really steadily gaining altitude from 20 feet even though it still says 20 feet on the phone. I can bring it down. I did 2 flights one controller mode the other pilot mode with the phone issue is the same both ways. I’ll upload logs as soon as I figure out how to get them. Thanks for all you’re help.

Reactions: rekab226
Well looks like I may be returning the breeze to Wal-Mart. Yuneec said they would be sending me the return process forms via email per phone rep and not a peep via email. I have flown it some more and the problem is worse at higher elevations. I had been flying at sea level, today I took a flight in Colorado at 4500 ft. And my drone now reports elevations of 50 to 60 feet when it's really 15 feet up. I'll post more details and try to load some more logs before I trade this one in. I noticed in my last batch of logs there was two logs that did record while the controller mode was being used.

I’ll take a look in the AM, I’m on my phone and need the PC to run the program. It will start a log file , but truncates as soon as Mode is switched to Controller.

I’ll take a look in the AM, I’m on my phone and need the PC to run the program. It will start a log file , but truncates as soon as Mode is switched to Controller.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I only made one flight without the controller, didn’t like it. Also a side note for others reading this. If you are using an android phone to fly your breeze be sure and turn off smart network switch. If you don’t your phone will disconnect from the breeze WiFi in favor of a closer stronger network you might have saved. Found this out the hard way today and had to run closer to my breeze to recover its wifi.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I only made one flight without the controller, didn’t like it. Also a side note for others reading this. If you are using an android phone to fly your breeze be sure and turn off smart network switch. If you don’t your phone will disconnect from the breeze WiFi in favor of a closer stronger network you might have saved. Found this out the hard way today and had to run closer to my breeze to recover its wifi.

Very true about the smart network. Android has the idea that it must be on the net at all times and will drop the Breeze in favor of a network with access to the internet. That is why Yuneec CS recommends putting it in airplane mode then enable WiFi to connect to the Breeze (and Bluetooth if you are using the controller). This tells the Android system that you want to stay off of the internet so it will remain attached to the Breeze which has no internet connection.

Gotta outsmart the smart phone type of thing. I even do this with my iPhone so I don’t have to worry about getting a phone call or text message while flying.

The only reason for needing a cellular connection is to do an OTA update or live streaming, and live streaming is only functional on the iOS version of Breeze Cam.

Very true about the smart network. Android has the idea that it must be on the net at all times and will drop the Breeze in favor of a network with access to the internet. That is why Yuneec CS recommends putting it in airplane mode then enable WiFi to connect to the Breeze (and Bluetooth if you are using the controller). This tells the Android system that you want to stay off of the internet so it will remain attached to the Breeze which has no internet connection.

Gotta outsmart the smart phone type of thing. I even do this with my iPhone so I don’t have to worry about getting a phone call or text message while flying.

The only reason for needing a cellular connection is to do an OTA update or live streaming, and live streaming is only functional on the iOS version of Breeze Cam.
True, True...didn’t even think about phone calls and text. Nobody calls me. Lol. I do usually use my iPhone but the wife had it so I grabbed the spare phone and headed out. I find between the two I get much better range on WiFi with the iPhone. Other phone is a Samsung S7.

Bump, still no email from yuneec. Probably going to exchange at Walmart sometime this week. Was there anything in the flight log abnormal or unexpected? The 14 second flight was the crash.

On the geofence issue, it seems they forgot to load that in my drone. I took it for a walk in controller mode with the bird in the air, watched the distance go all the way to 1000 feet from take off point before I turned around and headed back. It’s almost tempting to keep and fly with its imperfections for more freedom of movement. Almost, I really like the idea of a working RTH function. Lol. I’m actually considering trading up to the mantis q. Sport mode looks really fun

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Have been busy getting ready for our trek to Florida for the rest of the winter season. Taking longer than usual as I had lumbar spinr fusion the beginning of November.

At any rate, I just looked at the flight log files and not a one shows the Breeze off of the ground. Most were just a few seconds long. This confirms that you fly with the controller. Every flightlog I look at from the Breeze stops the instant Controller mode is selected in Tasks.

If you can exchange or refund at place of purchase that is your best option at this point. If you decide to trade up to the Mantis Q, make sure you get on the Yuneec website and check the smart device requirements before purchasing.

Thanks for looking at the logs for me. It’s a shame it doesn’t log when the controller is used. I had high hopes since a couple showed a few kilobytes of data. At any rate is there a way I can make a flight that will record a log file? If so I can make one before I make my final decision on another breeze or upgrade to the mantis. I’m really interested if it logs the same information that is displayed to me on my app when in flight. Enjoy Florida when you get there!

The modes that use the phone only for control should create a valid flightlog. The only reason I would trade this one in is due to the geofence not working and it could easily fly off. Not sure if it would return to home on loss of connection.

The modes that use the phone only for control should create a valid flightlog. The only reason I would trade this one in is due to the geofence not working and it could easily fly off. Not sure if it would return to home on loss of connection.
O, I’m sure it would RTH it flys to the correct spot. Only issue would be the 1,000 ft. plummet to the spot because it could never reach the RTH altitude according to its sensor. 1,000 ft. May be an exaggeration, I figured 2 ftps over 7-8 minutes of climb. Anyway, I’ll be at a good spot in Utah tomorrow to make a good flight with the phone. I’ll take it as high as I’m comfortable going. I can still see it but can’t hear it and video cuts out some but control remains, then pan around and fly out to 400 or 500 feet away and back. Probably do some orbits or something too. Then Upload the logs again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33