Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Geomagnetic interference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have not been be to spool up the props on my Typhoon H pus I get the error Geo magnetic Interference Flash on my Screen and when I push the motor button i get a denia sound. is this because or NFZ possilbly? if so who do I contact to get it removed its going to be hard to work if I can not fly even with permission from the tower at 4.95 miles away.

Might be worth trying another area, clear of metal and obstacles, Just to see if it's not a local problem.

I have never had a problem starting up with the geomagnetic interference warning. You did not say which airport you are trying to fly near. You can contact Yuneec and they will give you an unlock code

I thought about that but ive tried it a few different places now. this drone is new so I have wondered if I am doing something wrong

Im in Dunellon Florida it is a small air port it has a tower.

That should not be a Yuneec NFZ. Generally their NFZ list are mostly all Class B and C airspace airports. The only towered airport I see in your area is Ocala International (Class D).

Last edited:
Dunnellon has one dont know if its used anymore though used to be a millitary airport back many years ago in the 40's ,and ive called the airport and asked for permission, that maybe why they were so Quick to say yes. I have My pt 107 recreational number and I am an AMA member as well. do I need the commercial number for NFZ release? if I need it. it will be about a month before I take the commercial test. thank you guys for all your help.Still learning taking a course on this .

Looking at the sectional Ocala is the only active towered airport anywhere near you, and it is Class D. You only need permission outside of Class G airspace, which most of your area is.

Not sure why you can't start but it does not seem to be a NFZ issue. Plus I believe you would see a message to the effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackMTaco
Thank you for your help. ill keep trying to figure out whats going on with it

If it is new. I would suggest running through all the calibrations for it since it is likely not calibrated for your area, compass location, GPS almanac etc. Give it a run through all the calibrations for it, when you're done. Turn it off and then turn it back on again and let it sit out in open sky for about 20 mins to acquire and download the GPS data.

Reactions: RPR and Phaedrus
Ok had to work and was not able to try that till today. I also did the new official update today and can no longer access the gyro or accelerometer menu it now requires a password

You can’t possibly have a Part 107 recreational number. Part 107 is strictly commercial. You can fly recreationally with Part 107 certification but there is no such thing as a Part 107 recreational number.

If you have recreational registration you cannot fly commercially. If you do not have 107 certification Yuneec will not provide a full NFZ unlock. You must provide a copy of your 107 certificate to obtain a full unlock.

Reactions: RPR and Ty Pilot
I thimk youi need to go look on the FAA page again you can fly recreationally pt 107 you have to register recreationally,and that number goes on your drone you can also fly rule 336 being part of an organization such as the AMA. No I do not have my comercial pt 107 yet. I do have the recreational number however.

PatR is correct. When you said 'I have My pt 107 recreational number' there is no such thing. As he states; a pilot who has obtained their 107 can fly commercially or recreational, but someone who has not obtained a 107 can only fly under the recreational rules. The only registration number a recreational pilot will have is a recreational number that extends to every aircraft they fly.

It is very important that people understand that nothing under 107 extends to a recreational user. While some of the rules will be similar or the same, that does not mean you can call it 107. The FAA is very clear on this. Recreational pilots register and fly their UAVs recreationaly.

107 certificated pilots can fly under either rules framework but the entire flight must adhere to the appropriate rules. The aircraft flown by a 107 must have the appropriate regestration - any aircraft used commercialy must be registered as such but can be flown for recreational use, but not the other way around. ,

I understand that there is a distinction but the registration on the individual still falls under the 107 not all the same rules apply. but you go to the same section to put in your numbers on the FAA site.

More enlightenment for the OP. No body has to be a member of the AMA to fly recreationally under Part 336. The AMA is not a regulatory authority. Under 336 they only must adhere to the published safety guidelines of a national community based organization. There is no requirement to become a member of that organization.

I suggest you visit the FAA registration site again and take the time to thoroughly read the qualifiers for both the 336 recreational registration and for Part 107 commercial registration. Under the recreational rules you pay $5.00 just once every three years to register yourself and affix that number to all the drones you have that will be flown recreationally. With that number they cannot be flown for commercial purposes.

You cannot initially register a drone under recreational rules and add a commercial registration number to it later. They can have only one registration number. Should you obtain Part 107 certification and desire to use a recreational registered drone for commercial purposes that drone has to be registered again as a commercial unit. You would then remove the recreational number and apply the commercial number. An aircraft cannot have two different registration numbers.

A Part 107 operator pays a $5.00 fee for each and every drone they will fly commercially. A commercially registered drone can be flown for commercial or recreational purposes with the caveats mentioned by AH-1G.

I’ll also suggest reading the actual text of Part 336, Part 349, and Part 107 in their entirety to obtain better comprehension of the rules we have to comply with.

As a recreational operator Yuneec will not provide you with software that will remove all NFZ restrictions. That’s a good thing as you do not have adequate comprehension of the rules yet.

Reactions: RPR
I am aware of all of this All i was trying to say was I registered myself for recreation flying at this point my question was I wondered if Yuneek wanted you to be commericially certified Is all and if that was interfering with my ability to spool up the motors. appearantly a simple question has to become an attack on people asking questions no wonder people are pissed at drone operators. I am leaving this site too many people can not be civil here and not try to help but come after people asking questions. and you all wonder why people dont know all the regulations its idiots like you who drive people away from the hobby, while they are trying to learn.oh and on the FAA site were you put in your numbers for rec or to register each drone for commercial use is on the same PAGE.

I can honestly say that my intent was to help, and cut down on confusion in regards to registration and differentiating between the two rules frameworks. Over the past couple of years we have seen many posts where there is confusion in this area and try to make sure that the reasoning and facts are put forth for others to see and hopefully help others who are beginning this long process of understanding what the rules for flying truly are and why.

The rules are hard to keep up with, even for those of us who are commercial UAV operators. And the fact that the rules are changing can make it more confusing; especially to the non-commercial and non manned aviation types which I was one of; I never held any rating with the FAA until I got my 107, so I do try and help with understanding the rules whenever I can. This is a forum read by a lot of people in search of information about these topics and whenever a statement is made that is incomplete or misleading; (even though that was not how it was meant to be), we as a group try to make sure it is corrected and give reasoning as to why.

Those who have been at this a while see the crush of legislation that is headed our way and understand why it is so. As a community, both commercial and recreational, we need to all be on the same page in understanding the rules. No one should take these conversations personally, this is a serious subject and many treat it very matter of factly. If I were to make a statement that was incorrect, PatR or one of the others would be the first ones to correct me and if they made an error, I would return the favor, there would be nothing gained or lost in doing so other that ensuring that facts are correct.

Short answer to a previous question; only certificated 107 operators can apply for and obtain software that removes all NFZ restrictions.

Prior to release of the H Plus Yuneec would provide partial NFZ restriction removal software for recreational operators that applied for a waiver. The partial removal software still maintained some restrictions near listed airports. I do not know if Yuneec continued the partial removal practice for the H Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital