Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Getting "Cruise control" back on H+?

Reaction score
Seeing that the new H3 has the "cruise control" I would imagine that it would just take a firmware update to put that feature into the H+ like on the H480? I really miss that feature and given the fact that all the onboard stuff seems to be identically on the H+ and H3, it would be a no-brainer for Yuneec to give us that? Or am I just disillusional? :D

Reactions: aw. pier
The H3 appears to be the result of several requested improvements to the H Plus. I don’t think you will see any more “updates” for the H Plus. Yuneec thinks H Plus owners will be dumb enough to spend $2500 dollars to get the updates they kept hoping would come through their patience with Yuneec.

Jaded, there is what.
We release an H520 with undeniable quality, capable of producing breathtaking cinematographic sequences, capable of following subjects, of making waypoints with curves.
These functions promised as sales arguments (and which must have fooled more than one, including me), It's been three years that we wait for them.
Well yes, if you want them, buy an H + dnoc, they are in it, but nothing for the H520. And I fear that the firmware of the H520 is the last, since two other models came out afterwards.
Ditto we release an H3 with the additional capacities that H + owners demanded, we don't put them in the H +, but in the following model!
And now, owners of H3, no longer asked for anything as improvements because you may find them in a higher model ..... where the H3 becomes obsolete too .....
Yuneec did not understand anything about marketing and it is not like that that it risks loyal customers.
Finally, if Yuneec will still exist in some time .............

Reactions: lsn618 and PatR
Doom,

I think you’ve become jaded[emoji6]
The job Yuneec did to KAV and United Radio last year really got under my skin. Then putting the H3 out with the requested improvements for the H Plus (the request coming from a Yuneec employee for what the users wanted improved on the H Plus). Add to that the dried up supply of parts for the H480, H Plus, H920/+, and the H520. Yep I’m getting just a bit jaded.

Do I think the Yuneec hexes are a good platform? Most definitely YES, but Yuneec as a company just ticks me off. For those thinking I’m a shill for another brand, the answer is a resounding NO! The others all have their own customer relation troubles as well as engineering problems with their aircraft systems.

Yuneec just doesn’t seem to grasp a most fundamental rule of business: it is much more difficult to attract new customers than to keep existing customers happy.

Plus another: Keep your customer base happy and build upon it.

You don’t burn your existing customers and expect to build on new customers who don’t know what you did to your previous customers.

Who needs Cruise Control when you have the Steady Drive? Or better yet, why would anyone want Cruise Control after trying a Steady Drive?

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
I think the one good thing that has come from this whole Yuneec debacle is this forum. It has allowed a massive amount of experience and knowledge to coalesce into a self-governing support group that is probably responsible for more Yuneec sales (due to that knowledge and support) than anyone could ever imagine, especially not the top brass at Yuneec. Not to mention it is one of the best forums to just enjoy.

It's maddening to me that they didn't realize what they had going and just build on it instead of playing these ridiculous games of 'hide and seek' with the different functions and capabilities that if put together right; would have made the Typhoon H and 920 series serious market contenders.

Yuneec did not understand anything about marketing and it is not like that that it risks loyal customers.
Finally, if Yuneec will still exist in some time .............

Actually, they understood very well. With the H-480 they provided several firmware upgrades that provided for free additional functionality. In so doing they didn’t make a dime.

So what they did was to review DJI’s practice of releasing numerous new models that contained just minor upgrades over the previous model. As DJI zealots rushed out in droves o buy each new model (P1,P2,P3,P3Pro,P4, P4Pro, etc.) it was only reasonable to assume Yuneec zealots would follow suit without giving it any thought. It worked great for DJI so it should work for Yuneec too, right? But it didn’t.

The buyers didn’t stop to think the 520 and H Plus were exactly the same model with only firmware creating the differences between them. For some reason they didn’t consider that a 520 and a Plus could become one or the other or the same by just adding firmware. They failed to consider that Yuneec could have provided an optional, fee based firmware upgrade that could have provided mapping for the Plus or expanded imagery modes for the 520. But Yuneec chose to follow DJI’s path of new releases with hopes of exciting buyers to spend more money for new models that superseded previous models.

That Yuneec has consistently failed to produce and release promised payload and corrective firmware upgrades suggests they never intended to, instead using promises to maintain interest and continued of previous models.

The above is why I discounted the H3 from the day it was first advertised. Lots of stuff promised or alluded from a company that has consistently failed to deliver. Evidently many others have had similar feelings as each release after the H-480 has seen progressively lower sales volume. That’s sort of what happens when you breech the public’s trust.

It could also explain the “limited release” of the H3. They might need to show high consumer interest through the quick sale of a few H3’s to entice parts vendors to extend credit to build more.

Reactions: lsn618
It could also explain the “limited release” of the H3. They might need to show high consumer interest through the quick sale of a few H3’s to entice parts vendors to extend credit to build more.

While experienced potential purchasers will only continue waiting for a limited window of time to see if parts, batteries and ancillary equipment become available, before seeking out other manufacturer offerings.

H3 has the "cruise control" I would imagine that it would just take a firmware update to put that feature into the H+
Actually a better option than Cruise Control is to use the Steady Drive. It is much more user friendly and easier to control the aircraft.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
In addition it would be very easy on the ST16s, the 2 tactile crosses are useless for the moment.
A few lines of code to make a system of variable speed by one of the crosses.
But as long as you scratch your hair (to say the least!), It will not progress.

In addition it would be very easy on the ST16s, the 2 tactile crosses are useless for the moment.
A few lines of code to make a system of variable speed by one of the crosses.
But as long as you scratch your hair (to say the least!), It will not progress.

Yeah, I kinda sense that by all the comments :) Thats why I was asking if anyone might know of an undisclosed pending update (I know we have betatesters on here ;)) that could resolve this now that H3 brings back this "yuneec" feature (pun intended).

While experienced potential purchasers will only continue waiting for a limited window of time to see if parts, batteries and ancillary equipment become available, before seeking out other manufacturer offerings.
And no doubt, some or many of those 'potential' purchasers have seen enough, and while they will keep and continue to use, their current Yuneec platforms, they have already sought out and purchased systems from other manufacturers.

Hope the H+ has not been abandoned by Yuneec but seems it has bearing in mind past history and the release of the H3. It is amazing, all that we as a group have had to work through not to mention problems that are still being resolved or needing to be resolved primarily by this group here using this forum. I must say, if it were an automobile the H+ would be a candidate for the lemon law.

Reactions: DCH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop