Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Getting my H thursday!!!

Reaction score
Still browsing forums looking for tips. So far seems I'll want a charger with a storage mode, calibrate after couple weeks of non use and/or when flying in a different location. 2 clicks on the battery for a good lock. Played with alot of cheap drones my son gets for holidays but this is my first serious drone so any tips are greatly appreciated. I live in Florida close to the beach and just saw the video on using corrosionX...is that something I should do.

Last edited:
Fly in rabbit mode first.located in Palm of left hand,on right side underneath on side.this will enable smooth movements and help from crashing if you are not oriented with remote.take off in smart mode.to have headless mode put right upper switch in middle.this allows for return home and this works great.make sure you fly a bunch of point a too point b ,first in rabbit mode.with rabbit on ,your h floats quickly,and throws her into high degree pitch.

Congrats!

Keep safe distance between H and controller/pilot. If taking off in Smart Mode it may fly away from you (safe circle).

happy flying!

First of all new pilots should never fly in Smart mode! Start in Angle Mode
Second, never start out in rabbit mode, it's like fast motion.:eek:
Better to start in turtle mode and get use to the controls.
Taking off I'll throttle up ¹/8th from turtle mode , unless it's extremely windy then ½ throttle.

Reactions: Coma and games133
Fly in rabbit mode first.located in Palm of left hand,on right side underneath on side.this will enable smooth movements and help from crashing if you are not oriented with remote.take off in smart mode.to have headless mode put right upper switch in middle.this allows for return home and this works great.make sure you fly a bunch of point a too point b ,first in rabbit mode.with rabbit on ,your h floats quickly,and throws her into high degree pitch.
Bad Advice!
Many folks have crashed because they started in Smart Mode.:eek:

Reactions: rory
Still browsing forums looking for tips. So far seems I'll want a charger with a storage mode, calibrate after couple weeks of non use and/or when flying in a different location. 2 clicks on the battery for a good lock. Played with alot of cheap drones my son gets for holidays but this is my first serious drone so any tips are greatly appreciated. I live in Florida close to the beach and just saw the video on using corrosionX...is that something I should do.
Coma, Where in Florida are you, I will help you with proper flying skills.

Last edited:
Bad Advice!
Many folks have crashed because they started in Smart Mode.:eek:
That's true,I was one of them,it depends whether orientation is a factor.im trying to keep up with you guys.

Having only just got my H in January. I'd suggest playing with it in the house. ( no blades on) get used camera controls. Make sure to calibrate everything when outside. Go somewhere open. Keep in tortoise mode. Use the red start/stop to land. Once about close to ground. Buy spare props. Leave landing gear down till you feel really comfortable with it. ( landing gear saves camera in case crash.) Maybe take the camera off for first couple flights.

First of all new pilots should never fly in Smart mode! Start in Angle Mode
Second, never start out in rabbit mode, it's like fast motion.:eek:
Better to start in turtle mode and get use to the controls.
Taking off I'll throttle up ¹/8th from turtle mode , unless it's extremely windy then ½ throttle.
Yes I figured he was trolling... lol

Perfect!
I remove the camera for any test flights after I have repaired an H or ST16.
Yeah sounds like solid advice...anyone have any experience with the fpv goggles and the H? The kit I bought it was included. Hoping maybe the kids can wear it while I'm flying since that's the closest they will get to touching it lol.

Reactions: AH-1G
Yeah sounds like solid advice...anyone have any experience with the fpv goggles and the H? The kit I bought it was included. Hoping maybe the kids can wear it while I'm flying since that's the closest they will get to touching it lol.

I haven't used the FPV goggles but several pilots on YouTube didn't care for them as its difficult to take them off your head and return to VLOS flying. Letting your kids use them is a GREAT idea. I have a 10" monitor that I connect to the ST16 via HDMI for friends and family to see what I see on the ST16. They love it.

I have goggles also but only wear them with an assistant.
Your a bit south but I will be willing to come down and help. Saturdays and Sunday afternoon are good for me.
PM me so we can chat on the phone if you like?

Reactions: Coma
Best advice I have would be to take advantage of the offers of others to join you in your learning process.

Next would be to use the speed slider to use the fastest speed possible for take off. As the vast majority of multirotors are damaged after contacting the ground, getting away from the ground and obtaining a safe operating altitude reduces the risk of contacting the ground immediately after take off. This is something many do when they use low throttle inputs to perform a timid take off and then try to hover just a few inches above the ground. The results are predictable. If all you do is push the left stick upwards the aircraft will lift off straight up.

The H is not difficult to fly but is easy for those new to it to make expensive mistakes due to lack of system understanding. Taking the time to learn the system is important in preventing simple to avoid mistakes. There's a lot to do as the H requires user control inputs instead of a "tap to fly" control system. It's a "pilot's" machine as opposed to an "any monkey can do it" machine. The flight modes provided with the system all work just fine, when they are used in accordance with the operational instructions. Violating the safe distance minimums in Smart mode will cause the user problems they could have avoided by reading and following the minimum safe distance requirements. Angle mode can get a new user in trouble if they insist on operating the aircraft too close to themselves. If the operator gets confused with aircraft orientation and correct control inputs they can fly the aircraft into themselves or someone else. So either of the primary flight modes can be great for the application or end in disaster for the initiated or those that fail to read and follow instructions.

So take advantage of those offers to assist you in the learning process, and go slow enough to become familiar with and learn all of the system. You'll obtain much more enjoyment from it a lot sooner with a lot less stress that way.

Out for delivery...no flying today or anything..probably just playing with no props and camera and st16

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval