Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Getting rid of the No-fly zones

Reaction score
I'm hoping there is something left out of their instructions that you have to do.

I finally got the new software for the bird and a new license. Following their instructions, I get to step 5 where I get a notification from the GUI, that the file was successfully transferred to the Typhoon. The Typhoon is supposed to reboot and you input your license. The Typhoon reboots, but won't reconnect to the Typhoon GUI. When I connect it manually, putting in the license does nothing. Is there anything I have to do beyond what is in their instructions. I can't get through to any of them on the phone.
Thanks,

My problem wasn't covered in there. I am a 107 pilot and am trying to follow the instructions that Yuneec gave me to eliminate the no-fly zones. I may have an opportunity to do some work in Class D airspace soon and I don't want the drone to stop me from doing it. It would be embarrassing in front of a client.

I have NFW, and the instructions were a bit confusing. It took me 4 or 5 attempts to get it right. I believe there is a step or two missing in the information they send us. The people at Yuneec had trouble with it also.
Even after they tried to help they couldn't get it right. I just followed and refollowed the instructions until I figured what step was missing. My problem I didn't jot it down. Duhhhhh me!o_O:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Still haven't been able to do it. Yuneec hasn't gotten back to my email yet and I can't get through to them by phone. Missed the job timeframe....

I wonder if it has to do with firmware update. I have the H; it's about 1 year old now and have not done any firmware upgrades. I recently downloaded the GUI update and when I plug in the H, there is indeed a pair of buttons in the Settings tab to Enable and Disable the No-fly Zone and they work just fine. Unfortunately I don't recall all the steps but I followed what they gave me and had no issues.

I wonder if it has to do with firmware update. I have the H; it's about 1 year old now and have not done any firmware upgrades. I recently downloaded the GUI update and when I plug in the H, there is indeed a pair of buttons in the Settings tab to Enable and Disable the No-fly Zone and they work just fine. Unfortunately I don't recall all the steps but I followed what they gave me and had no issues.
You have all four buttons, the that set max distance and height and the two no-fly ones?

I'm hoping there is something left out of their instructions that you have to do.

I finally got the new software for the bird and a new license. Following their instructions, I get to step 5 where I get a notification from the GUI, that the file was successfully transferred to the Typhoon. The Typhoon is supposed to reboot and you input your license. The Typhoon reboots, but won't reconnect to the Typhoon GUI. When I connect it manually, putting in the license does nothing. Is there anything I have to do beyond what is in their instructions. I can't get through to any of them on the phone.
Thanks,
Do you have the H on or off, because you said "The Typhoon reboots". It should be off. Reboot means it's on then turning it off the on again.
Step #4
"........your Typhoon H should automatically power on".

Do you have the H on or off, because you said "The Typhoon reboots". It should be off. Reboot means it's on then turning it off the on again.
Step #4
"........your Typhoon H should automatically power on".
I'm sorry, that's what I meant. It was off and powered itself on. It didn't connect to the GUI when it did that.

Updata, I have been trying for over a month to reach Yuneec Customer service by phone, email, updating the online case, and chat. I have been unsuccessful. I went over the key they sent me number by number and found that the next to last in the series does not match the one reported in the GUI. The last two digits of the one they sent me was 87 and my GUI reports 37. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it without going through them?

No one can tell me that Yuneec doesn't monitor this forum. After my last email, within 24 hours, I got an email about scheduling a call. The rep sent me a new key and it worked! Problem solved. The rep said that they had problems with their system closing out requests, so apparently, I wasn't the only one.

...and now for the lessons learned...
It may seem obvious to most of you, but the instructions they gave to do this left out a few details. Once you successfully complete the first part of their instructions, which has you update the firmware and you get the notification that the update was successful, you are done with that part. You don't need to keep repeating it.

That part and the license update are completely separate and do not have to be done at the same time.

If your craft does not auto reconnect to the GUI after updating the firmware, just manually connect it. The license just has to be input with your craft on, after the normal sequence for starting->GUI first->start craft->plug USB cable into computer.

The license you receive from Yuneec should have the same alphanumeric sequence exactly, as the ID sequence shown in the GUI (my problem).

I kept thinking it was something I did wrong in the process, so kept repeating all the instructions, including re-updating the firmware...until one time when the craft reconnected to the GUI (like the instructions said) and I got an error about the key being invalid. That's when I figured out that the key and the ID in the GUI should be identical.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech