Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GiFi 8050 Battery

Reaction score
Very happy GiFi 8050
Wow first test flight,no
camera. Runtime
26.18 minutes.
Runtime started when
i pressed the button
on the TY- H
I got it on Ebay from
seller chris 5188818
$96.98 + free shipping.
I am very pleased.
Keith Kuhn

Keith,
Stay alert using a GIFI battery. I too was pleased with the 2 I had but after six months one died mid flight.
After I got home I checked voltage, one cell was only 1 volt!
I disassembled it and found very sloppy soldering joints and one had pulled apart (cold solder).
Also, a 7900 4S battery really has 8 cells.
I am now very reluctant to use my other PLUS battery.
Good Luck - Safe Flying
GIFI 7900 BAD Battery.jpg

Keith,
Stay alert using a GIFI battery. I too was pleased with the 2 I had but after six months one died mid flight.
I disassembled it and found very sloppy soldering joints and one had pulled apart (cold solder).
Good Luck - Safe Flying
View attachment 22594

Thank You
I noticed when I charged it
2 cells went to 100%
The other 2 only would go to 97/98%
I will keep an EYE on it very carefully .
Keith Kuhn

Keith,
Good Luck - Safe Flying
View attachment 22594

When it Died did your drone crash ?

When it Died did your drone crash ?

When I realized what was happening I tried to get her on the ground (not RTH) but happened very quick.
Dropped about 50' camera took the worst of it. She flies again, waiting on a replacement camera.
A C23 doesn't come cheap!

I reached out to GIFI but heard nothing back from them. No surprise there.
That picture doesn't show it well but one solder joint failed.
Definitely a quality control issue.
By the way watch your latch, I replaced the spring for an OEM one, theirs is very weak!

I'm currently working on a generic Lipo replacement project. Should know by this weekend if it's going to work.
Our days are numbered on batteries for all our H models.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
When I realized what was happening I tried to get her on the ground (not RTH) but happened very quick.
Dropped about 50' camera took the worst of it. She flies again, waiting on a replacement camera.
A C23 doesn't come cheap!

I reached out to GIFI but heard nothing back from them. No surprise there.
That picture doesn't show it well but one solder joint failed.
Definitely a quality control issue.
By the way watch your latch, I replaced the spring for an OEM one, theirs is very weak!

I'm currently working on a generic Lipo replacement project. Should know by this weekend if it's going to work.
Our days are numbered on batteries for all our H models.

I just spoke to a gent
From the factory at GiFi.

He sent me a nice text about charging the
GiFi 8050 for the first time.
He said charge for at least
8 to 12 hrs
Something about at first
It is lazy to charge.
I will heed your warnings as well.
Check out
chris5188818 on eBay
He is from Hong Kong
Ask him questions.
Keith Kuhn

Reactions: NWSaint
Have a few 2000's, OEM are 1150. 7/10 score (mine) OK, same price, at best 20 to 25% flight time increase. I have decided that, any hint of swelling, they are going into the bench box.
Oh, the gifi is only 5 grams heavier. Nothing really. I really don't think CAP is totally (cough) correct.

Many of us take great care of our equipment and some well just don't?. What I am thinking is it possible like that a fall or even a couple of falls could damage the connection terminals on these and indeed other batteries. Please don't think that I am fearing that DaveMH or any other member here would knowingly post a warning about his experiences with theas batteries if it were dropped. The reason that I have posted this is I dropped one of my batteries this morning and it wasn't until I seen this post again this evening that the daughter came back to me regarding the incident with mu battery this morning? The GiFi battery I believe has some kind of a rubber like material in and about where the soldered connections are at the front the battery. I look at this as being a positive thing as it would aid in absorbing shocks and aid in separating the battery elements and the front battery housing /terminals.
Mike

Many of us take great care of our equipment and some well just don't?. What I am thinking is it possible like that a fall or even a couple of falls could damage the connection terminals on these and indeed other batteries. Please don't think that I am fearing that DaveMH or any other member here would knowingly post a warning about his experiences with theas batteries if it were dropped. The reason that I have posted this is I dropped one of my batteries this morning and it wasn't until I seen this post again this evening that the daughter came back to me regarding the incident with mu battery this morning? The GiFi battery I believe has some kind of a rubber like material in and about where the soldered connections are at the front the battery. I look at this as being a positive thing as it would aid in absorbing shocks and aid in separating the battery elements and the front battery housing /terminals.
Mike

Mike, my battery was never dropped or banged around in any way!
They are always put to storage voltage between flights.

Reactions: Mike Irish
I swear, there really aren't enough hours in the day.. was gonna ask about the GiFi batt's this morning, but ran outta time get'n ready for work.. Leave it to Keith to read my mind (LoL).. SO, what's the consensus with these aftermarkets ?? yay or nay ??

Keith, wadda' ya got for me ??.. I have 2 Yuneec OEM's, BUT, they're only giving me 15mins. tops (with recording)... so are the GiFi's worth it ??.. or should I keep on the hunt for the OEM's ????

NW.

I swear, there really aren't enough hours in the day.. was gonna ask about the GiFi batt's this morning, but ran outta time get'n ready for work.. Leave it to Keith to read my mind (LoL).. SO, what's the consensus with these aftermarkets ?? yay or nay ??

Keith, wadda' ya got for me ??.. I have 2 Yuneec OEM's, BUT, they're only giving me 15mins. tops (with recording)... so are the GiFi's worth it ??.. or should I keep on the hunt for the OEM's ????

NW.

If you need a battery.

Give the GiFi 8050 a shot.
eBay $ 96.98 free shipping
Seller is chris5188818
Keith Kuhn
26:18 run time no camera test

NW.

I would love 15 minutes!

How low (voltage) are you going before landing?

I’m getting 8-10 “maybe” while trying to be near home by 14.7, 14.6 at the minimum. Usually on the ground by 14.7, bouncing back to 15.1, 15.2 after power off.

Batteries are from 2 to 4(?) years old and many flights/cycles.

Jeff

I would love 15 minutes!

I’m getting 8-10 “maybe” while trying to be near home by 14.7, 14.6 at the minimum. Usually on the ground by 14.7, bouncing back to 15.1, 15.2 after power off.

Jeff

Sounds normal to me.
Nothing lasts forever.
Keith Kuhn

I would love 15 minutes!

Jeff

Jeff..

Well I was told to really never go below 15, but I skirt with 14.7 before I start to bring it in, landed and off by 14.6

Now when you say "bouncing back to 15.1, 15.2 after power off", do you mean the battery level goes back up to those levels ??.. because personally I let my TH cool off for about 5mins. then change batteries.. mine aren't even a year old (bought in late January of this year), & when the 2nd batt is done, back to the house, and back to the charger where they are down to about 70%, and then takes about a half hour to get both of them back to 100% on my Ev-Peak dual charger..

PS:

26:18 run time no camera test

Keith..

Meaning ??

NW.

Jeff..

Well I was told to really never go below 15, but I skirt with 14.7 before I start to bring it in, landed and off by 14.6

Now when you say "bouncing back to 15.1, 15.2 after power off", do you mean the battery level goes back up to those levels ??.. because personally I let my TH cool off for about 5mins. then change batteries.. mine aren't even a year old (bought in late January of this year), & when the 2nd batt is done, back to the house, and back to the charger where they are down to about 70%, and then takes about a half hour to get both of them back to 100% on my Ev-Peak dual charger..

PS:

Keith..

Meaning ??

NW.

I am sorry what was the question again? I lost track of this conversation.
Keith Kuhn

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
Why not have a pole and asking what their experience with the GiFi 8050 batteries is like. I for one would like to see just how and people are happy or those that have had problems with them. I feel that if we get a good number of poilest to contribute to the pole particularly from members with older batteries, let's say a year or more this should help us make a better and more informed decision.
Mike

Why not have a pole and asking what their experience with the GiFi 8050 batteries is like. I for one would like to see just how and people are happy or those that have had problems with them. I feel that if we get a good number of poilest to contribute to the pole particularly from members with older batteries, let's say a year or more this should help us make a better and more informed decision.
Mike

I agree feel free to start one if you like

Jeff..

PS:

Keith..

Meaning ??

NW.

Bounce back = voltage after load is removed (i.e. motors are off/not flying). This is normal for any battery.

As for recharging, for best life extension - let the batteries cool down before recharging. If not anticipating flying again soon (next day), [ed.] take battery(s) down to storage or charge up to storage. Don’t leave at full charge for more than a couple days.

Search for battery or LiPo care. For more info if needed.

Jeff

Last edited:
I always come in to land when I see my yuneec batteries showing 14.7 just something I read along time ago on here so just stuck to that

Reactions: NWSaint

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvwritingservices