Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GiFi battery quality problem

Reaction score
Hi I wondered if anybody has any knowledge about these batteries they're sold by a company in China named lightmail, well I done a stupid thing and went and bought two of them cast £148, on receipt one seemed ok but the second one is well damaged and I wouldn't even attempt to charge it you can see the pictures below, i contacted the company by email and I got the same old rubbish, it looks like damaged on charging and will have to put it back to our supplier, where there's a join in the case it looks like it's not been welded or glued there's nothing there the element that's missing seems to have fallen right down into the battery case, so just a warning you have to be careful and cheap doesn't always mean cheappoor%20quality%20battery.jpegdodgy%20battery.jpeg

Did the bad battery appear to have been damaged in shipping (I'm thinking no)??

I have several GiFi batteries that are fine. Never heard of that Lightmail supplier. I remember receiving one several years ago that had the outer case loose. The actual battery inside was undamaged and I super-glued the case back together and it has worked fine since. BUT, if there is ANY sign of internal damage, discard it in an approved manner for your jurisdiction.

Buying direct from China has always been iffy, and that seems especially true now.
Good luck...

I have 2 GIFI batteries and both have performed very well, so far.
The plastic case is definitely thinner than original equipment.
I'd contact GIFI direct if new & have proof of purchase.
They are in China but might replace, will take some time however.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP,
The supplier have asked me to return the battery and he will take a look and if it was a manufacturing problem he will replace it, the cost to send the battery back to China would be about 17 British pounds, the supplier is being very iffy and I don't know whether I'm throwing good money after bad, I have emailed the manufacturer so we'll have to see what happens there, so it's a simple case of do I look at the battery and see if I can fix, it or put it in the bin ? The battery only cost £74 so add another £17 postage and if the company are not very nice I end up with a grand total of £91 and nothing to show for it, if I decide to look at it myself I will film it from start to finish so everybody can see exactly what the battery problem was?,

Reactions: Mike Irish
I have two GIFI batteries one is a 1850mAh 14.8V and the other one is a 7900mAh 15.2V eich one arrived well packaged and in a reasonable time frame from China. Both batteries work fine in my H Plus and give better flight time than the original Yuneec ones I have. I hope things pan out well for you.
Cheers.
Mike

Many thanks I'm sure they will, I will video what I do when opening the battery and we will go from there again to everybody thanks for your help

People constantly chasing after proprietary case/connector batteries keep doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different result.

Just convert the power plug inside the aircraft and buy batteries with standard connectors. You’ll be able to buy them for a few more years as things stand. Most or all of what you are getting with Yuneec plugs are old batteries that had been sitting on shelves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem