Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal Dampers Question

Reaction score
Hello All
I removed the camera to clean the connections and broke the Gimbal Rails
and ordered from Yuneec a new set for my Typhoon H
The dampers are different from the original ones
(See Photo)..The new dampers are longer and have a different shaped head or top, new ones are on on the top in the photo and old ones are on the bottom. Did Yuneec change them? Is the part number the correct one? Should I use the old ones instead? They are original and are about 18 months old.
Thanks !

A_Gimbal Dampers.jpg

Thanks Steve..
so they are a newer model ?
Several people have noted the dampers on the CGO3 are better than those on the O3+. There are times I've seen jello during certain flying conditions. I've changed mine for that reason.

I had Carolina Dronz repair my CG03+ and it came back with these dampers and IMHO they are far superior to the dampers originally installed.

Reactions: CraigCam
Hello All
(See Photo)..The new dampers are longer and have a different shaped head or top, new ones are on on the top in the photo and old ones are on the bottom. Did Yuneec change them? Is the part number the correct one? Should I use the old ones instead? They are original and are about 18 months old.
Thanks !

View attachment 7387

Those are for the q500 gimbal. It hangs down lower and looser then the standard stock H480 CGO3 + camera and gimbal. The mounting plate you broke originally had a more offset mount to extend the shorter dampeners down and make the gap between the plate and gimbal wiring wide enough. I got sent a plate that belongs with the longer dampeners you photographed and it would not work with the original shorter stiffer dampeners.

My second 480 was bought used and Carolina Dronz had set it up originally and it had the longer looser dampeners with that flatter plate. I saw jerkiness and jello with the looser longer dampeners and I believe they are wrong for the 480 even though they work kind of. My theory is that the q500 placed the camera more forward and is a much floppier flyer and the longer dampeners help calm down the movement. On the 480, that benefit becomes a detriment as it’s tighter and more accurate shooting, combined with its well documented jerky stick reactions, puts noticeable movement into the video with these longer dampeners. I hope that they don’t create this as the only dampener and plate replacements and they continue to sell the proper original set up as I know it works well.

I started a new thread on a new discovery on the now 3 different potential CGO3+ mounts and dampeners. Its for those like me who did not like the longer dampeners. Its part of the confusion between CGO3 vs plus that had also carried over into the confusion on the stedi cam accessory. Its unfortunate that they made the 'same' camera but didn't really as the plus is a different animal with iota need to 360 pan and its response to the 480 behavior. Bottom line is a properly set up 480 never shows any video artifacts in most conditions especially jello and stutter or shake. The dampener is a low part but crazy important and the wrong ones won't work and everyone has a different style is size and resistance.
Hello All
Thanks !

View attachment 7387

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval