Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

gimbal horizontal level ?

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Seems my horizontal is lower on the right side when looking a the pictures ? Awhile back I posted a picture, and someone stated I needed a gimbal calibration, I know that cant be done ( I guess they thought it was an H) But anyway its not much, but its visible, how would I correct this ? Weights on the opposite side ?

Seems my horizontal is lower on the right side when looking a the pictures ? Awhile back I posted a picture, and someone stated I needed a gimbal calibration, I know that cant be done ( I guess they thought it was an H) But anyway its not much, but its visible, how would I correct this ? Weights on the opposite side ?
I would take a look at the dampeners to make sure they are all seated correctly and to the same depth. Are they getting old and perhaps not retaining their shape? A visual inspection is always the first on the list.

I would take a look at the dampeners to make sure they are all seated correctly and to the same depth. Are they getting old and perhaps not retaining their shape? A visual inspection is always the first on the list.
Thanx, but I did that and alls good ?

Thanx, but I did that and alls good ?
There is a thread on here that does relate to it so you are going to have to use the search tool to find it. If people would do as they should and add tags to the post, it would be easy to find it....but I fear most do not tag their posts to make it easier for others to find content.

There is a thread on here that does relate to it so you are going to have to use the search tool to find it. If people would do as they should and add tags to the post, it would be easy to find it....but I fear most do not tag their posts to make it easier for others to find content.
Thanx murray, I'll look again

Reactions: Murray Martz
I do know that there was mention of using quarters to balance with.
Steve had mention of holding I believe the camera level at start up, think it was for the 520 with this problem, but not totally sure ? My problem is with horizontal level, couldn't see how a quarter due to its size would work ? I'm thinkin maybe change all the dampers to new is a good place to start ? But before I do I'll put on another camera as reference ? Correct me If I'm wrong but I believe the camera doesnt move horizontally mechanically ?

Steve had mention of holding I believe the camera level at start up, think it was for the 520 with this problem, but not totally sure ? My problem is with horizontal level, couldn't see how a quarter due to its size would work ? I'm thinkin maybe change all the dampers to new is a good place to start ? But before I do I'll put on another camera as reference ? Correct me If I'm wrong but I believe the camera doesnt move horizontally mechanically ?
Steve is correct, but the gimbal does move with the top motor for horizon, so placing a quarter on the high (left or right motor, not top one)side may compensate. And yes, putting on a second camera to test is a first step.

Steve is correct, but the gimbal does move with the top motor for horizon, so placing a quarter on the high (left or right motor, not top one)side may compensate. And yes, putting on a second camera to test is a first step.
Thanx I get it now, you have to realize I'm not the brightest blub on the porch ?

• Haha
Reactions: Murray Martz
So I had that problem today also and when I took the Drone apart I found that one of the little dampeners/air bags was not seated. I would look closer at that if I were you. maybe it came out of the top where it's connected to the frame

So I had that problem today also and when I took the Drone apart I found that one of the little dampeners/air bags was not seated. I would look closer at that if I were you. maybe it came out of the top where it's connected to the frame
Which aircraft are you referring to? Just the camera has the dampeners on the H+.

Sorry. Yuneec mantis q. It has what looks like little airbags on each corner that hook to the camera and the frame

Sorry. Yuneec mantis q. It has what looks like little airbags on each corner that hook to the camera and the frame
Yes. That is similar to the camera for the H+, but there is more involved with the camera since it has a three axis gimbal instead of one like the Mantis Q.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis