Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal noise, FW upgrade and bricked bird (again).....

Reaction score
So I recently went to shoot a client segment and thought everything went pretty okay during the shoot except that I did notice some odd jerks here and there during the shoot when reviewing the camera feed on the monitor.
When coming back and checking the entire days shoot on my laptop, I saw that pretty much all shots were unusable because of camera jitter/rolling shutter disturbance or something. I powered up my TH Plus on the table to check what could be wrong and within 5 secs of startup I heard that aweful noise that other members on here have described.

The entire gimbal and camera was shaking uncontrollable and only when pointing the camera at 45 degrees down or lower the noise/shake would stop. When brought back to level it starting "humming" and shaking again. I then took some short videos and sent an email to Yuneec Support Germany hoping for some kind of response, maybe an RMA number or something but they have just asked me to downgrade the firmware and report back. That of course didnt do anything and when I checked for firmware I saw the new latest release available and thought "what the ****, let me try". Not until it had finished did I realize that I once more had bricked my setup completely and there is no way in **** that I can rebind the controller and drone via all the various "magic tricks" in the book. The camera connects within seconds on the 5.8ghz but I have absolutely no control or connection on the 2.4ghz band for control.

So basicly I am back at square one as I was back in February but now also with a defective gimbal that ruins all my work :(

I have a very important demo on Search and Rescue with an EU group called LOST on April 9th and I can only see two options now:
1: Buy another TH Plus to get back on the horse ASAP, risk of getting another "doofy" sample and try to RMA this current one if possible.
2: Write off the entire setup and go to the "dark side" and choose a well-known competitor brand and just pray they havent f*cked their software too before I need to do the demo.

I have been a solid spokesman for the Yuneec Hex platform since 2016 when talking to other people in the business and new pilots starting up but I am really rethinking whether to stick to them or not after this serious issue on my rather newly bought TH Plus platform.

Any thoughts or ideas are very welcome because I am really in a "Debby Downer"-mood right now........

When you say "bricked" are you saying the controller will not boot up or it does boot but cannot bind to the H Plus?
Which version did you roll back?

I see the other manufacturer having the same issues with updates. Many times they are much worse than I've seen here.

I seem to be a pioneer in the area of gimbal buzz, (both bringing it on and making it go away) and know how frustrated you must feel about this issue. I might have had some of worst the buzz on record after a firmware update. The good news is there seems to be an easy fix. But first you need to unbrick your setup and get your firmware in order. If you still have gimbal buzz when everything is up and running read this post, it might stop your buzz.
2 Cent Solution to C23 Gimbal Buzz!

Thanks guys, I became so pissed that I refused to give up until I at least had a succesful connection between the rc and drone. So after searching through the forum and finding Olive’s guide to restoring the units to factory default, I got it back to the 201811xx version. However I didnt get the binding to work so in frustration I went ahead and did a OTA with the newest 201903xx and that fixed the TX driver issue on the rc. I turned on everything and really tried to push the gimbal to its limits holding the drone by hand but no buzz [emoji849]

I seriously hate these intermitten errors and fear that it might return mid-air on my next job. Not a good feeling when you dont trust the equipment.

Reactions: Steve Carr and DCH
Check to make sure your ST has memory space. My last firmware OTA update was not working at all and I went into the “oh no it’s got problems” mode before I realized it was me. As soon as I went into gallery and deleted all those 720 videos I’ve been unintentionally storing, my updates finished and everything behaved. This leads me to wonder how many other pilots issues are related to incomplete updates due to android memory limitations and storage space that we don’t recognize. It took a few weird android messages and then I flicked down on a never before seen icon on the flight app that gave me a weird android warning. That’s when I thought this whole thing is running like it’s full....which it was...

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks, the only issue I have run into is the minimum 40% battery on the rc when reinstalling the Flightapp ;) Couldnt get it to install, just exited and it wasnt until I recorded the screen using my phone that I could replay the screen warning and see what caused the exit ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88chh