Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

gimbal slide mount

Reaction score
I think it's time for yuneec to upgrade the quality of the gimbal slide system
The rail system is flimsy. ...... mine just cracked and fell off. They're supposed to be sending me a new one....... EVENTUALLY !!

mine cracked and fell off too while in the air....now my camera is f...d up....i heard that they did improve it a bit....don't know where i saw that....rails are supposed to be a lil thicker

I think it's time for yuneec to upgrade the quality of the gimbal slide system
The rail system is flimsy. ...... mine just cracked and fell off. They're supposed to be sending me a new one....... EVENTUALLY !!

The camera mounting rail is very fragile and care needs to be taken
when removing or installing as not to break it.

I am sure this is by design to make this part the weak link and the
first part to fail in the event of a crash or hard landing.

This will probably save the gimbal / camera and wiring from being damaged.

If your familiar with DGI drones the gimbal and camera are the first to be damaged
in a crash because the weakest link is the gimbal itself.

I think the Yuneec is the better design.

Anybody else agree on this theory?

yes i agree it is a much better design then DJI....but mine came broken and didn't notice it until it was too late....so now dealing with yuneec cs is a challenge....

I think they should probably ship them with the camera not attached.
UPS handling can be worse than a crash. LOL

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I know first hand the gimbal is made better on the Yuneec :(

When mine crashed, it flipped end over end, pulled two of the dampeners out and broke one of the pin locks. The camera/gimbal was dangling and I figured it was a goner, but after fixing everything it seems to work fine.

Now I just wish I could get the camera focus sharp. It looks like a new lens is the only option.

The camera mounting rail is very fragile and care needs to be taken
when removing or installing as not to break it.

I am sure this is by design to make this part the weak link and the
first part to fail in the event of a crash or hard landing.

This will probably save the gimbal / camera and wiring from being damaged.

If your familiar with DGI drones the gimbal and camera are the first to be damaged
in a crash because the weakest link is the gimbal itself.

I think the Yuneec is the better design.

Anybody else agree on this theory?

I'd say it's designed to easily break off to save the $500 camera which in my opinion is a good design. I think if I had to order the part due to it breaking off once, I'd probably order two as it's likely to happen again.

Regarding DJI and the Phantom. The Phantom 2 & 3 would have expensive damage to the gimbal/camera in a crash. The Phantom 4 has an internal gimbal and the number of reports of damaged gimbal/camera in a crash are much less than before.

If you have a 3D printer I have a 3D STL file of the Typhoon H gimbal mount if needed.
Have not printed it out yet as I have not needed it.

2016-07-15 15.58.07.jpg

Reactions: Haydn
Jimmylee, in you experience are the 3d printed plastics harder or softer than Yuneecs? Are they more flexible?

Are you familiar with 3D printers jngrally?

There is no good answer to that question because you control
all the variables when 3D printing.

Most parts like Yuneec's are plastic form molded parts.

I have found 3D parts can be as good or better but not always.

Type of plastic, ABS and PLA are most common, ABS is stronger,
PLA more flexible, Rubberized plastics also available like Ninja flex
that I have used.

Then there are the variables for the print job like,
Extrusion width, layers, infill, additions, supports and more.

Bottom line is you can make the part as strong, weak or as flexible as you want.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
It is funny that I stumbled across this post, I have been looking at 3D printers on and off, been wanting one for years but they were too expensive. They came down a lot in price depending on what you want etc... Just would be fun to play with. Do some work with it maybe.

I want one that can do ABS and PLA. Maybe some other materials. I was looking at the Flashforge Finder but that is PLA only.

A cheap one that may be fun to play with is the XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0

The main one I think I have it down to is the FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro if I want to go that high. Seems the best bang for the buck.

I dislike the maker bots etc.. too propriety in parts and supplies etc... Way over hyped. I want something that can use off the shelf supplies.

Some of the DYI ones look very cool but I am unsure I would have the patience to put them together. Unsure which is the best etc... If you have any input, I would like to hear it. i:)i

Please PM me the file in case I get one, it would be a good test. i:)i

It is funny that I stumbled across this post, I have been looking at 3D printers on and off, been wanting one for years but they were too expensive. They came down a lot in price depending on what you want etc... Just would be fun to play with. Do some work with it maybe.

I want one that can do ABS and PLA. Maybe some other materials. I was looking at the Flashforge Finder but that is PLA only.

A cheap one that may be fun to play with is the XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0

The main one I think I have it down to is the FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro if I want to go that high. Seems the best bang for the buck.

I dislike the maker bots etc.. too propriety in parts and supplies etc... Way over hyped. I want something that can use off the shelf supplies.

Some of the DYI ones look very cool but I am unsure I would have the patience to put them together. Unsure which is the best etc... If you have any input, I would like to hear it. i:)i

Please PM me the file in case I get one, it would be a good test. i:)i

Paladin the XYZ Da Vinci 1.0 is the printer I have had for about two years now.

It did use proprietary plastic cartridge when I first got it but updated the firmware with Repetier software to eliminate that.
I have upgraded the print head and many other parts on it to handle the different plastics.

There are hundreds of 3D printers to choose from so good luck.

There are also many 3D printer forums out there as this is not the place to discuss them.

Thanks

It was just conversation man. I was not going to start an entire thread about it. Just a small sidetrack

They don't charge by the byte here so.... i:)i

Anyway the Da Vinci may be he way to go for me due to its low cost. I will try to find some information on how to upgrade it etc.. You seem to like yours. i:)i

I will say no more about it. i:)i

I would still like the file though please. i:)i

Last edited:
It was just conversation man. I was not going to start an entire thread about it. Just a small sidetrack

They don't charge by the byte here so.... i:)i

Anyway the Da Vinci may be he way to go for me due to its low cost. I will try to find some information on how to upgrade it etc.. You seem to like yours. i:)i

I will say no more about it. i:)i

I would still like the file though please. i:)i

It was not you I was worried about, I get carried away and hijack threads sometime. :rolleyes:

Is there a way to upload this STL file here for people to download?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval