Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimble shutter

Reaction score
Hello all,

New owner here. While going through the set up and updates I noticed my camera shutters/stutters while rotating, at about the 11 o'clock position. Anyone experience this issue?

Thank guys!

With the power off, rotate the camera manually and see if you feel any tight spots. The servo motor may have a bad spot. If that's the case you will need it replaced or fixed. If you have to contact Yuneec call them on the H hotline at 844-343-9770. Then be prepared for a long wait. If you get a message after a few minutes offering a call back, take the offer. Also, try to get them to cross-ship a new camera. In other words, they ship one to you and you send yours back in the same box.

Certainly looks like the gimbal servo motor has a bad spot. Where did you buy the H? If they have a return policy I would see if they will exchange it or take it back as defective. Sending this in to Yuneec is going to be a 30-40 day ordeal unless they will cross-ship.

I purchased at Bestbuy. I'm not sure of they have an exchange policy or not. I hope Yuneec can cross ship if not. I'm not waiting that long for a new one. Thanks for the input

Did the exchange at Best Buy. It looks like I got one right from yuneec. It had all of the current updates that were not on the on the one I exchanged. Everything works great!

I had one other question... I noticed range extender antennas that can be wired/mounted onto the drone. This already has them. Is this an update from Yuneec?

20170725_094242.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Try this again

Attachments

• 20170725_094242.jpg
    20170725_094242.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20170725_094348.jpg
    20170725_094348.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
Those aren't "range extenders" by any stretch of the imagination. They are only plastic tubes that have the wire antennas passing through them. That was a feature added to the "Pro" version. They don't do anything except keep the antenna wires out of the way of gear leg operations, prevent people from pulling on the antenna wires, capturing the wires under the gimbal mount when working with the gimbal, or cutting them off thinking they were just a couple of left over wires.

Oh well thank you for the clarification. They just look like and are in the same spot as the ones you can purchase aftermarket .

The aftermarket antennas are dipoles that thread onto a fitting. The outer ends are closed and rounded. If I remember I'll shoot a pic of mine and post it. I've got a pair in an uninstalled set around here somewhere that got misplaced in the shuffle during a residence move.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22