Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimble sounds

Reaction score
I continue to use my Q500+. At times it's more useful for real estate aerials than my H Plus because of a wider lens. For some reason, it stop writing to the video card, then it stopped connecting to camera. I've played around with cleaning contacts and now video is seen on ST-10 but camera unresponsive to stick controls. Hardwars monitor shows stick movement which suggests to me it's a gimbal problem. That and the 2 short beeps followed by 3 quicker sounds. Camera LED is solid green. Earlier in my testing the camera would move up and down but no video. What should I check or do next?

That's the beep code for a Yaw encoder.
The bad news is that it has very short wires, which are easy to break off at the solder joint on the encoder anytime you unplug it from the gimbal board. The rubber sealant holds them, and they do not appear to be loose, but they are.
The good news is that it is one of the easiest things to fix on a CGo3.
The Yaw encoder is right under the gimbal board. Sounds like you already know how to get to the gimbal board, so just be sure to use some sort of color code as you unplug everything from the board. If more than one wire is loose, refer to the pinout drawings on Attachment 8 (CGo3 Yaw Encoder Pinout) of "Way To Fix Drones project".
There was never an attachment added to the document for the CGo3 Yaw encoder replacement. Let me know if you need one developed.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The bad news is that it has very short wires, which are easy to break off at the solder joint on the encoder anytime you unplug it from the gimbal board. The rubber sealant holds them, and they do not appear to be loose, but they are.
The Yaw encoder is right under the gimbal board. Sounds like you already know how to get to the gimbal board, so just be sure to use some sort of color code as you unplug everything from the board. If more than one wire is loose, refer to the pinout drawings on Attachment 8 (CGo3 Yaw Encoder Pinout) of "Way To Fix Drones project".
There was never an attachment added to the document for the CGo3 Yaw encoder replacement. Let me know if you need one developed.
Thank you, I'll get up nerves to fix tomorrow. Meanwhile today, I decided to fly the H Plus. It flew well but the sticks instructing to do a right yawl wasn't responding. It eventually started working. I went out and bought some contact cleaner previously. What is the correct way to make sure contacts are clean with these controller sticks?

My Q500+ has a CG02+ camera. Is it the same to repair as the CG03?

Ouch. It is pretty similar, but the Yaw encoder is partly mechanical. Don't remove the blue cover, and try not to get any soldering flux inside it. At least it's easier to get to, and I don't think you will need to unplug much to move it out of the way.

I don't have a pinout drawing for the CGo2+. If you have more than one wire broken, let me know and I can go take one apart to check the connections.

20190215_145446.jpg

This video shows an easy way to spray the cleaner in from the front. It sometimes works. There are also two rubber plugs on the back that can be removed, and spray some in that way. That works a little better. If neither do the trick, you will have to remove the back panel and spray the pots directly.
"Typhoon H - Lack of "Aileron/roll" right stick control"

It eventually started working. I went out and bought some contact cleaner previously. What is the correct way to make sure contacts are clean with these controller sticks?
Before a flight always give the sticks a rapid "stir". That will help keep them operating correctly.
There are two rubber plugs on the back of the ST16 that provide a good access point for the spray straw.

Before a flight always give the sticks a rapid "stir". That will help keep them operating correctly.
There are two rubber plugs on the back of the ST16 that provide a good access point for the spray straw.

Thank you.

Ouch. It is pretty similar, but the Yaw encoder is partly mechanical. Don't remove the blue cover, and try not to get any soldering flux inside it. At least it's easier to get to, and I don't think you will need to unplug much to move it out of the way.

I don't have a pinout drawing for the CGo2+. If you have more than one wire broken, let me know and I can go take one apart to check the connections.

View attachment 22810
Thank you for bailing me out once again, this time with my Q500+. It was easy to repair after I got enough nerves to find the yawl controller part. I traced the wires from camera and saw the two black wires(two separate double wires) lead to connectors in plain sight. I saw no broken wires but did seem as if one connector was loose. Like you said removal of camera can put tension on the two wires. I guess my problem with a loose connection because I put connector in securely, reassembled and everything worked fine. My video return along with camera movement being controlled by me. The nice thing is should this happen again, I can easily tighten the connector with out removing anything. It can be seen from the soft rubber case edge. Thanks again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone