Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Good info and news Part 107

Reaction score
This just popped up on my youtube good info to know for sure as im currently studying for this exam thought id pass this on.

Also Check these out:

Reactions: AZflyer83
I am surprised some company hasn't jumped on the Remote ID Kit/Addon yet.
I know DJI has it already as part of their builds, but I am not sure if Yuneec is there yet.

I am surprised some company hasn't jumped on the Remote ID Kit/Addon yet.
I know DJI has it already as part of their builds, but I am not sure if Yuneec is there yet.
Im sure given time they probably will probably just waiting to see the full release by the faa on how it is to be implemented.

I have looked for addon kits. No one is making them as of now. But like you said, they are waiting for the final FAA Ruling.

Im hoping when they do Yuneec will still make kits for the older ones.
From what I have read and heard, if this passes we'll have 3 years to come into compliance.

From what I have read and heard, if this passes we'll have 3 years to come into compliance.
Thats plenty of time as long as the product is made and is affordable if its overpriced that will destroy the hobby for a number of people probably.

Thats plenty of time as long as the product is made and is affordable if its overpriced that will destroy the hobby for a number of people probably.
I think that's what everyone is up in arms about. The Recreational Flyers.

When it comes to Remote ID having a 107 certification will make zero, nada, not one iota of difference.

If the AC does not qualify as Standard RID you will be limited to a 400 foot bubble around the controller. If the AC is Limited RID and you do not have a connection to the UUS you cannot fly unless you are at a FRIA.

If the AC is not compliant you will be limited to flying at a FRIA. The way the regulation is written an older AC cannot be retro fitted by the end user. Any retro fitting would have to be done by the manufacturer and have to be approved by the FAA. Good luck with that!!!

When it comes to Remote ID having a 107 certification will make zero, nada, not one iota of difference.

If the AC does not qualify as Standard RID you will be limited to a 400 foot bubble around the controller. If the AC is Limited RID and you do not have a connection to the UUS you cannot fly unless you are at a FRIA.

If the AC is not compliant you will be limited to flying at a FRIA. The way the regulation is written an older AC cannot be retro fitted by the end user. Any retro fitting would have to be done by the manufacturer and have to be approved by the FAA. Good luck with that!!!
More good info and as im making way through my studies before taking that exam I would assume or would hope the stuff you just mentioned will be touched on im still learning regularly.

In your opinion, do you think Yuneec is going to make this happen, or are we all screwed with $1000 paperweights?

In your opinion, do you think Yuneec is going to make this happen, or are we all screwed with $1000 paperweights?

‘In the years to come, when this is final, required and enforced......judging by Yuneec’s past, I’d expect them to market a new aircraft for at least $2500......turning their back on existing customers and product.

Of course....maybe that won’t happen.....

‘In the years to come, when this is final, required and enforced......judging by Yuneec’s past, I’d expect them to market a new aircraft for at least $2500......turning their back on existing customers and product.

Of course....maybe that won’t happen.....
Let's all hope that doesn't happen would be a truly sad day

The way the NPRM is written most if not all present sUAS aircraft will be grounded outside of a FRIA and inside a FRIA will still be limited to a 400 foot radius from the controller.

The way a sUAS has to be qualified and labeled will make retrofitting cost prohibitive to the manufacturers and customers.

Bottom line: get educated and informed about the true impact of the proposed rule changes. Then take action by formulating your own respectful response and send the to FAA prior to the end of the 60 day public comment period.

“Own words” is key. Reviewers will likely throw out and ignore blatant copy and paste submissions.

Jeff

“Own words” is key. Reviewers will likely throw out and ignore blatant copy and paste submissions.

And will likely toss aside any poorly written responses with egregious grammatical errors that do not fit the guidelines for submissions the FAA has dictated. Anything that resembles a rant or complaint that is an attack is ignored. The biggest thing is that your response must also have a proposed solution as well. A critique without a solution is just a complaint.

This is directly from my local FAA rep.

And will likely toss aside any poorly written responses with egregious grammatical errors that do not fit the guidelines for submissions the FAA has dictated. Anything that resembles a rant or complaint that is an attack is ignored. The biggest thing is that your response must also have a proposed solution as well. A critique without a solution is just a complaint.

This is directly from my local FAA rep.
That's certainly fair enough shouldn't complain without a solution can't say I've stuck by that all the time im not perfect but that's certainly how it should be.

Reactions: rchrdbarnard2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval