Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GoPro 6 on Breeze

Reaction score
On Youtube, I saw someone done a lift test on his Breeze so I also did my own test with GoPro 6.
GoPro 6 was heavy but the Breeze seemed to be able to handle it. GoPro 6 had excellent video stabilizer 4K60. Linear view was very good. but I only tested with lower res.
Flight time was shorter; sometimes the Breeze shook like it tried to shrug off the heavy load on its back. It was fun trying.
Breezegopro6.5.jpg Breezegopro6.4.jpg Breezegopro6.3.jpg Breezegopro6.2.jpg Breezegopro6.1.jpg
That removable housing can fit all kinds of GoPro-sized cameras.
In moderate wind, the Breeze shook a lot to balance itself. I think the mounted camera moved the center of gravity up to cause the problem.

Last edited:
That's why we usually hang the cam under the drone. May need to turn off ips though.
pt

That's why we usually hang the cam under the drone. May need to turn off ips though.
pt

IRS can’t be disabled which explains the reason he top mounted the GoPro. If you search for Nikono’s posts you will find that he does some really fun off the wall things with his Breezes. That is part of why we like having him as part of our community. He is a little late in coming up with a new ‘fun project’ to share with us.

There could be a way you can carry a load. Under the breeze. I'd have to draw it up. But an arm. Made of lightweight material. That attaches near the rear of the breeze. Holds the camera under the camera of the breeze. While distributing the weight evenly. While also being clear of the sensors. Kind of like one of those balancing birds. I believe the term is angular torsion

There could be a way you can carry a load. Under the breeze. I'd have to draw it up. But an arm. Made of lightweight material. That attaches near the rear of the breeze. Holds the camera under the camera of the breeze. While distributing the weight evenly. While also being clear of the sensors. Kind of like one of those balancing birds. I believe the term is angular torsion
Wish I had a 3d printer.

>>But an arm. Made of lightweight material. That attaches near the rear of the breeze. Holds the camera under the camera of the breeze. While distributing the weight evenly.
>>Wish I had a 3d printer.

Heeding the idea, I didn't have 3D printer to print an arm so for fun I mounted the GoPro6 under the Breeze with 3M velcro. It's the kind to mount picture frame on walls. It could hold up 15-pound weight.
The GoPro6's weight is 100+ grams so I mounted a second GoPro6 to balance the loads. I also extended the legs.

I felt I was getting foolish because the cost of the whole setup is now passing the price of a Mavic Air with 15% off discount code on eBay except I would be getting 3 views from the Breeze when it flew. Two views with 4K60fps stabilized video.

Well, guess what, I only dared to take off then observed after seeing that the take off was very very sluggish due to 200+ gram load on the Breeze. And then the Breeze went crazy, shook in the air little by little then it went up down up down ... I hit the land button.
The soft grass saved the hard landing.
YG1.jpg YG2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech