Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Got a Warning

Reaction score
At the end of my 3rd flt today I checked the Flight Log and noticed a compass calibration warning 101. Also prior to take off on my 3rd flt I noticed the purple lite would go off every 5 sec or so and a white lite would appear. Could not fine that combination in the book. BTW, after I took off on that 3rd flt purple lite went steady.
Should I do a new compass calibration?? Q500 4K

Last edited:
At the end of my 3rd flt today I checked the Flight Log and noticed a compass calibration warning 101. Also prior to take off on my 3rd flt I noticed the purple lite would go off every 5 sec or so and a white lite would appear. Could not fine that combination in the book. BTW, after I took off on that 3rd flt purple lite went steady.
Should I do a new compass calibration?? Q500 4K
Compass warnings often appear in the telemetry but they are usually very short. If you see a prolonged warning for a few seconds then I would do the calibration. The ST10 will post a warning and the Q will flash orange on the status light if it is really an issue.

The purple light means you are in Angle mode and the intermittent white means you have good GPS.

Thanks Steve. Could you tell me again how to clean the sticks with the cleaning agent? I bought the agent for cleaning and I remember I have to loosen the 4 hex nuts. After that its all a blur! lol

Thanks Steve. Could you tell me again how to clean the sticks with the cleaning agent? I bought the agent for cleaning and I remember I have to loosen the 4 hex nuts. After that its all a blur! lol
Remove the 4 screws (2mm hex), carefully lift the stick out (wire bundle is attached to it), move the stick around to find the small black plastic box that contains the potentiometer, spray the cleaner on the box several times while moving the stick in all directions. Let it dry and check it again in Hardware Monitor to see that it is smooth, goes to full scale and returns to the exact center everytime on the graph. If it does not then do the calibration. Then recheck in Hardware Monitor. If it still isn't right then you will need to get a replacement stick. Yuneec ST10, ST10+, ST16 Replacement Joystick

Last edited:
Remove the 4 screws (2mm hex), carefully lift the stick out (wire bundle is attached to it), move the stick around to find the small black plastic box that contains the potentiometer, spray the cleaner on the box several times while moving the stick in all directions. Let it dry and check it again in Hardware Monitor to see that it is smooth, goes to full scale and returns to the exact center everytime on the graph. If it does not then do the calibration. Then recheck in Hardware Monitor. If it still isn't right then you will need to get a replacement stick. Yuneec ST10, ST10+, ST16 Replacement Joystick

Thanks Steve.

Steve: Third flight in a row where, checking the logs there was a CCW warning.ccw.JPG
.ccw.JPG 5 ccw 94 ccw 101 ccw

Steve Carr; Following your instructions I removed the 4 hex screws but, unless the plastic black ring is removable and it looks like it is not, how do you get the stick to come out? Appears to not be room enough. This is on the ST10+ Thanks.

Attachments

• ST10+  a.jpg
    ST10+ a.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
Steve Carr; Following your instructions I removed the 4 hex screws but, unless the plastic black ring is removable and it looks like it is not, how do you get the stick to come out? Appears to not be room enough. This is on the ST10+ Thanks.
You are absolutely correct. When I did this I split the case to get to the sticks. One of the vendors told me it would work by simply removing the four screws. NOT.
So to split the case, remove the battery and pull the wire off the post, remove the two rubber grips by pulling them off. Start at one end and just pull. Then remove the six 2.5 mm screws from the case and the two 1.5 mm screws from the handle. Split the case by working the bottom half over each of the two side sliders. It's kind of tricky getting the case to warp enough to get past those. Carefully lift the bottom half. You can lay it over after you determine where the wires are between the two halves. Then you can see the bottom of the stick. Move the stick around to locate the little plastic box. That is what you need to spray. Give a shot of spray and move the stick in all directions. Do it several times.

I knew there had to be more to it. Sounds like more than I want to get into at this point as I am not that handy. Thanks for the reply Steve!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval