Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS Calibration

Reaction score
How often should I calibrate the compass? Also when I have the drone in smart mode and set the look at me mode it will not. It did it the very first time I flew the drone after I got it but now it will not, any ideas?

Anytime you are more than 50-75 miles away from your last location that you calibrated at. East-West travel matters more than North-South. If you are not travelling outside of one area, once a month should be more than enough. Make sure to start the calibration process, facing magnetic north. Also give your gimbal components a break, and remove the camera during the calibration procedure.

declination-us.png

Last edited:
I was about 70 miles away from home two weeks ago when I flew there and have flown a few times since then back here at home. Guess I had better re-calibrate the GPS. What do you mean by give the gimbal companents a break? Take the camera off for awhile?

Yes... spinning the airframe around to perform the compass calibration puts additional strain on the gimbal motors that are trying to steady the camera... particularly when they are in an inverted position, even momentarily. You can hear them buzzing with the vibration... not a good sound.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes... spinning the airframe around to perform the compass calibration puts additional strain on the gimbal motors that are trying to steady the camera... particularly when they are in an inverted position, even momentarily. You can hear them buzzing with the vibration... not a good sound.

Ah got cha, thanks for the info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1