Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS/Compas PCB from H480, looking for pinout, communication protocol, etc.

Reaction score
I'd like to go deeper into the communication from a GPS module for H480.

Any information is welcome. The target is to prepare emulated fake GPS/Compas.

Here is a good information how sensors are connected to main processor made by Toni:

br HE

Reactions: Vaklin
I'll order a few UART OpenLog to sniff the communucation. They will come from China, so not so soon, but this isn't so important.

The task is possible IMHO.

Just for consistency of knowledge, may I ask for a pinout for a GPS module from Q500 too?

If the u-Blox GPS receiver is the same, there raises a possibility to differentiate the compass from the GPS receiver.

About the ST16 GPS receiver question comes too.

ST16 GPS receiver.jpg

Due to no possibility to control the quality of the received and processed signal, in the log files, I can see some strange altitudes, which is not a problem, if I know about them before, and not after the flight. A simple decision is to sniffing the transfer and show on the small different display altitude and coordinates.

Does somebody know, is the connection to the receiver chip is done via UART or I2C? This isn't so important, but preliminary information is useful.

The camera uses I2C so my guess would be that the FC is using the same communication bus with all the sensors. This topic came up with the cameras just recently. I’ll try to find the information and pass it along.

Just for consistency of knowledge, may I ask for a pinout for a GPS module from Q500 too?
GPS of Q500 has the same pin-out and the same uBlox chip M8Q. But on the I2C bus the baro is connected instead of compass. Compass chip is on its own PCB in the nose of the drone.

WTFDproject posted this pic:
Q500 GPS Module Connections.jpg

br HE

Just bought for my Steady grip project a "GPS/Baro/Compass?" module for Breeze. May I ask for a pinout too?GPS module V05.jpg

Some useful information.

GPS Board.jpg

Attachments

• 1N4148WS SERIES_K1706-1138408.pdf
    370 KB · Views: 11
  • LP5907.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • MS621FE.pdf
    441.4 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: h-elsner

Members online

No members online now.