Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS module manufacturer

Reaction score
Hi all,

It is looking like I need a new GPS module and I am loving the fact that they are around $40 in the US and around £140 here in rip off Britain!!

Does anyone know who manufactures the module or have one lying around with a part/stock/manufacturer number on it so I can track down the supplier and not be ripped off..

Many thanks.

Yuneec Typhoon H GPS Module

Your Price: $39.99
In Stock
Part Number:YUNTYH116SVC
SKU:8O-4K9Z-G5

Off of the Vertigo Drones OEM Parts inventory...

Last edited:
Hi all,

It is looking like I need a new GPS module and I am loving the fact that they are around $40 in the US and around £140 here in rip off Britain!!

Does anyone know who manufactures the module or have one lying around with a part/stock/manufacturer number on it so I can track down the supplier and not be ripped off..

Many thanks.

Is it possible to buy through US sites? I buy all my parts from either Vertigo or Carolina Dronz. I recommend buying with the top shell so it’s got nice new shield tape already installed. I’d think the exchange rate fees would be minimal and that a credit card solves the math automatically.

I will research this Craig but in past experience if you take affordable shipping its around 14 days delivery (approximately!!!) plus our VAT (value added tax) at 20% and any other import duties payable.
It defines companies like Yuneec when they take advantage in their pricing purely by location, they know everything ere costs a fortune so they are dipping their fingers in the pot.. Disheartening really, in addition it might not be the GPS module after all that, could be the motherboard, at which point it goes in the bin of course...

I doubt mother board but maybe flight control module. The main board is power distribution and ESC supply. The brain, if I understand correctly is the daughter card on the main board which is flight control. What about normal post in a peer to peer transaction? I’d be happy to assist and may have a spare compass. Do you get taxed for personal packages?

I doubt mother board but maybe flight control module. The main board is power distribution and ESC supply. The brain, if I understand correctly is the daughter card on the main board which is flight control. What about normal post in a peer to peer transaction? I’d be happy to assist and may have a spare compass. Do you get taxed for personal packages?
Hi Craig, thanks for the offer of help. I am awaiting some sort of reply/confirmation that the GPS module is suspect. If they can confirm it I may well take you up on the offer. They do not tax 'gifts' if marked as such on the shipping label..

Is it possible to buy through US sites? I buy all my parts from either Vertigo or Carolina Dronz. I recommend buying with the top shell so it’s got nice new shield tape already installed. I’d think the exchange rate fees would be minimal and that a credit card solves the math automatically.
I have been looking at the topshells here in UK, they are around £70 with GPS antenna but the antenna is not the module which retails at £139, easy to fall for that one if your not careful, but then again it may be the antenna......

I never opened my H up, so I can't tell or identify the module, the advert says it is included.....
Maybe Craig can tell, or someone else.

I never opened my H up, so I can't tell or identify the module, the advert says it is included.....
Maybe Craig can tell, or someone else.

My experience is for that price, the shell has the unit. It’s more plug and play. The screws that hold the module are small and you’ve got to peel back the foil tape to replace. With the shell, it’s less hassle.

I have been looking at the topshells here in UK, they are around £70 with GPS antenna but the antenna is not the module which retails at £139, easy to fall for that one if your not careful, but then again it may be the antenna......
The GPS antenna is part of the module. It is a single unit, not a separate antenna and GPS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430