Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

gps problem

Reaction score
I put this on the wrong forum.
My GPS boots up inside but now it doesn't boot up outside my house which I fly almost daily. Weird and noisy with the machine gun sound effect but wth?

Do you mean GPS or OBS? I wonder because GPS doesn't make any sound. OBS makes a machine gun sound, but normally it is too low for me to hear unless it's on a recording.

Do you mean GPS or OBS? I wonder because GPS doesn't make any sound. OBS makes a machine gun sound, but normally it is too low for me to hear unless it's on a recording.
It was the obs but that happens at times but not today. I also have to take care of the right hand joystick from the squeals when revolving it. Cleaning I suspect. I have the name of the stuff you recommended.

g
It was the obs but that happens at times but not today. I also have to take care of the right hand joystick from the squeals when revolving it. Cleaning I suspect. I have the name of the stuff you recommended.
That's weird also but I have 3 st.16's that do the same. the system settings are right. Last dumb question? The lights on the craft are not supposed to be the same color after calibrated are they?

Does this Typhoon H have the RealSense module?

image.jpg
Make sure this setting is correct for your system. I am quite certain the machine gun sounds are from a dirty right stick not centering.

I wrote a reply but it transferred to another place. I never use the obs so I never checked if advance mode is on. The green lights are in sync so a new one, actually not that new.

The photo above was to have you set the RealSense according to whether you have one installed or not.

The Advanced Mode being on allows you to have access to the automated flight modes like Orbit, POI, and CCC.

There was another post where you mention getting GPS Ready indoors, but stays in Acquiring when outdoors. You may need to take it to the park in an open grassy area and leave it on for 15 minutes to give the GPS time to update.

Reactions: 7cyclops
The photo above was to have you set the RealSense according to whether you have one installed or not.

The Advanced Mode being on allows you to have access to the automated flight modes like Orbit, POI, and CCC.

There was another post where you mention getting GPS Ready indoors, but stays in Acquiring when outdoors. You may need to take it to the park in an open grassy area and leave it on for 15 minutes to give the GPS time to update.
Thanks again and it all makes sense.

Got it, now when the sun agrees I will go to the park.
Still hear the noise after applying but I will get back to you later. They had the same lubricant you recommended.
Peter,
Have you checked "Hardware Monitor" to see if "J4" is centering correctly? That's the one that causes a "Machine gun sound" from the controller if the right stick is showing off center.

Attachments

• ST16 Hardware Monitor.pdf
    712.2 KB · Views: 10
The first step of cleaning pots is the "Vigorous stirring" of the right stick. But I think you have already done that, so the next level is to use the contact cleaner.

These videos show the two easiest way to get cleaner on the pots. The first is easiest, but works less often. The second is a little harder, but works better. If neither works, you have to take the back off the controller and spray the cleaner right on the pot. Don't be bashful with that stuff. It doesn't hurt anything. Soak it good for the best chance.

I'll go look at the pictures you sent.

I see what you are talking about now. The right stick in system mode is only centered in j3 and 4 the indicator moves up and down when it is moved all the way to the right. I have watched your video before and hope I wouldn't have to do that.

I just sent you 4 pics.
Peter, the Pics show the stick is good in Hardware Monitor. But the included Picture from the Channel Settings screen suggests it might be a good idea to check the "Final Output Display" to ensure the affected channel does not have a bias in it.

Attachments

• ST16 Final Output Monitor.pdf
    599.6 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis