Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS rizer for H

Presumably it also renders the custom Yuneec backpack case unusable though, whereas the cheap 3D printed ones on Ebay still allow use of the case by simply carving out a little of the foam. It's quite obvious that the chimney design is far superior, but I'm wondering how folks transport their THs after installing this mod....
I thought the decent one is velcro for easy attachment and removal.

I thought the decent one is velcro for easy attachment and removal.
[/QUOE]
I would be very much afraid of fixing the larger riset one with velcro as it could move about in flight and cause all sort of problems. For me I ordered the small one and I will fix it to the H with screws and silicone.?
Mike

Presumably it also renders the custom Yuneec backpack case unusable though, whereas the cheap 3D printed ones on Ebay still allow use of the case by simply carving out a little of the foam. It's quite obvious that the chimney design is far superior, but I'm wondering how folks transport their THs after installing this mod....
K9BM,
The tower does not stop you from using the original backpack, it simply unscrew from the base and disconnect the GPS lead and stow it in the bag. I will post some photos soon. Please look in other threads about relocating the GPS and compass module and the GPS tower. There are photos there and also how it fits in the back pack. Johnno Hennessy.

Reactions: Mike Irish
If you look back in the threads from 2018 , 9k views and another 5k views. Go to find threads at the top of this page and type in these names:

Moving the GPS and COMPASS MODULE.
Relocation of GPS and Compass Module
NEW GPS TOWER keeping the H cool.

These threads have had 9k and 5k views and hundreds of replys and pages (12) long. It is all there if you use the thread finder and the magnifier glass at the top left of the page.

Like in the pages , I HAVE BEEN USING THESE MODS IN MY BUSINESS FOR YEARS and to DATE HAVE NOT HAD ONE PROBLEM. Weven fly in very restricted areas doing good roof and building inspections with not one failure from GPS or COMPASS. I can do no more than what I have done and it is not me that is missing out or having problems. It fits in to the standard backpacks and fits in over head luggage on aircraft ( I fly quite a lot with my birds for my work) it is very simple and now with the fan mod keeps my 'H' a lot cooler and there forever serviceable for a longer period of time.

HEAT KILLS ELECTRONICS . Make sure you look at those threads and all the questions that were asked and answered and you will see in the heat TEST the PANCAKE $7 Mod builds up a huge amount of heat , no vents and black.

Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass .

Reactions: Mrgs1
Here is the H with the tower adapter in the std back pack , that I use for airline Travellers. The adapter fits in the same area as the raised piece on the top of the H now and the standard lid from the back pack.

Attachments

• 20191012_170655.jpg
    20191012_170655.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 17
If you look back in the threads from 2018 , 9k views and another 5k views. Go to find threads at the top of this page and type in these names:

Moving the GPS and COMPASS MODULE.
Relocation of GPS and Compass Module
NEW GPS TOWER keeping the H cool.

These threads have had 9k and 5k views and hundreds of replys and pages (12) long. It is all there if you use the thread finder and the magnifier glass at the top left of the page.

Like in the pages , I HAVE BEEN USING THESE MODS IN MY BUSINESS FOR YEARS and to DATE HAVE NOT HAD ONE PROBLEM. Weven fly in very restricted areas doing good roof and building inspections with not one failure from GPS or COMPASS. I can do no more than what I have done and it is not me that is missing out or having problems. It fits in to the standard backpacks and fits in over head luggage on aircraft ( I fly quite a lot with my birds for my work) it is very simple and now with the fan mod keeps my 'H' a lot cooler and there forever serviceable for a longer period of time.

HEAT KILLS ELECTRONICS . Make sure you look at those threads and all the questions that were asked and answered and you will see in the heat TEST the PANCAKE $7 Mod builds up a huge amount of heat , no vents and black.

Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass .
John. I’m assuming that this will work on the Plus. I’m asking only because the Plus isn’t mentioned.

Here is the H with the tower adapter in the std back pack , that I use for airline Travellers. The adapter fits in the same area as the raised piece on the top of the H now and the standard lid from the back pack.
John one question; wheres the fan, and where does it push the heat to, as l don't see any vents also how is it powered ?

Reactions: Mike Irish
John one question; wheres the fan, and where does it push the heat to, as l don't see any vents also how is it powered ?
Johnnyb57,
The fan is in the shaft of the TOWER and it vents out the sides of the top cap . This cap has a gap of 2.5 mm on all sides and allows 7 cu ft of air a minute to be vented. It runs on a small 500 to 1200 mah single cell battery velcro ed to the top she'll. I now have a small buck converter the boosts the 4.2 volts max out of the lipo to the full amount for the fan of 5volts to 5.2 volts and increases the volume of air shifted to 9 cu ft a minute as the spec sheet of the fan says it will run from 3 volts to 5.2 volts but theven volts limit the discharge capacity of the fan. I will post some shots of this converter and specs and weights . It is very small and weighs very little, but worth chasing to get the volume of the fan to its maximum output. If you have anymore questions please ask and i will answer as soon as I can, i still run a business.
johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

John.....is the cable extension compatible with the H Plus/H520?
Yes Steve,
The H480 connector is a discontinued line , but I have plenty available. The H plus and 520 are the same connector and Module but are different to the H480. What ever the customer orders either for a H 480 or H plus - 520 model , there connector cable will fit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polenutrition