Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS

Reaction score
So, indoors,
I get about 11 12 gps connections on the drone,I only get about 9 on the conntroller.

Is this a problem with my controller or not.

Would think that as the units are next to each other, I would tend to get same number of satellites.

Matbe not.

Getting that many satellites indoors is amazing. There's nothing wrong. Generally GPS will not work indoors due to lack of satellite detection.

You could fly in Angle-mode but watch out for gps-glitches. It could be nice coverage when taking off, but at another place a disaster, with a crash as a consequence ....
I would not fly in Angel-mode internally.

So, indoors,
I get about 11 12 gps connections on the drone,I only get about 9 on the conntroller.

Is this a problem with my controller or not.

Would think that as the units are next to each other, I would tend to get same number of satellites.

Matbe not.

There is no indication in the OPs post, that this was his intent... but irrelevant of number of satellites gained, you do not want to attempt to fly the Plus indoors without...

1) many hours on the craft and can steadily control, in a confined environment with GPS off and

2) since you paid about $200 for that RS unit, with Indoor Positioning System mode enabled. Check the online extended manual on this site for IPS operation procedures.

Reactions: 10-8 and Phaedrus
indoors,
Those are very likely reflected GPS signals and would never be suitable for flight. The Q and H series use GPS and GLONASS satellites. The ST16 may only use GPS satellites or perhaps the antenna location on the ST16 is blocked by your body. That would explain the difference in numbers displayed.
The rule of thumb.......ignore anything the controller shows as the number of sats when it's inside.

Reactions: 10-8 and Phaedrus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis