Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Greetings from Australia

Reaction score
Good day/evening/night to you all.
I've made my first drone purchase and bought a second/third hand Typhoon H Pro - well that's what I have been told it is.
It is the H with Real Sense.
The model is CG03+ so does that make it the Pro or H + or are they the same? So many questions.
Why did I get this one? When I was in Hong Kong the DJI shop wouldn't come to the party with the original quote they gave me for the Mavic Pro 2 with Smart Controller. Ethical reasons I suppose.
What will I be using this for?
I'm hoping to get some more jobs in real estate photography and drone footage is what they are asking for.
I make stock images and I'm interested in capturing aereal images and footage. Oh I travel a fair bit so this will be my car drone until I have enough mulla to buy a smaller one for when I do overseas. My next road trip is from Central Coast NSW to Melbourne, onto Tasmania and back. I so need to learn how to fly it in three weeks!
So I'm a total newbie, NEVER flown one before and now need to make extra battery purchases, one prop (to have a FULL extra set).
So please be gentle with me and I'm open to meeting, connecting, sharing and learning the little tricks that will aid me with getting the most out of this unit.

Welcome to the forum, you've found one of the greatest resources for all things Yuneec, and in particular the Typhoon H series. The 'Pro' Bundle was typically the one that came with two batteries, Wizard Wand, and Back Pack, as well as the Real Sense but here in the States they also labeled the ones without RS as Pro also. The biggest thing to know is; they are all the same operationally, yours just has RS.

Flying is not going to be the biggest hurdle you'll face but rather, getting to know all there is know about operations, LiPo battery care and storage, and of course the Rules of whatever country you are flying in. If you've never flown before I would suggest getting a cheap drone to get the flying portion down before you fly the Typhoon, and certainly before you begin to try operate the camera while also flying the drone. Flying should be like breathing - something you do not think about at all.

Don't expect to much too soon, take it easy and slow at first, and build upon your experience is the best advice I could give anyone in a condensed sentence. ;)

In the meantime, there is a lot of good reads here on the forum like this one. A Droner's Guide to surviving.

Welcome to the forum, you've found one of the greatest resources for all things Yuneec, and in particular the Typhoon H series. The 'Pro' Bundle was typically the one that came with two batteries, Wizard Wand, and Back Pack, as well as the Real Sense but here in the States they also labeled the ones without RS as Pro also. The biggest thing to know is; they are all the same operationally, yours just has RS.

Flying is not going to be the biggest hurdle you'll face but rather, getting to know all there is know about operations, LiPo battery care and storage, and of course the Rules of whatever country you are flying in. If you've never flown before I would suggest getting a cheap drone to get the flying portion down before you fly the Typhoon, and certainly before you begin to try operate the camera while also flying the drone. Flying should be like breathing - something you do not think about at all.

Don't expect to much too soon, take it easy and slow at first, and build upon your experience is the best advice I could give anyone in a condensed sentence. ;)

In the meantime, there is a lot of good reads here on the forum like this one. A Droner's Guide to surviving.
Cheers Ty, I was given a Dobby as well, thus that will be my practise drone. I figured the Pro was just bundled differently so essentially it's the H480 with the CG03+ camera (?).
Oh yes the rules ... need to bone up on them too and register the unit with CASA - the Australian bureau.
I read a bit last evening about the LiPo batteries and fires. Now I think I'm [scared]!

Last edited:
Sounds good, and your essentially correct the Pro was/is basically the same, uses the same CG03+ and ST16 but with one difference from early Typhoons, they had three external Antenna on the ST-16 (as did all later models). The Earlier ST16 have the third antenna inside the controller and the only difference on the aircraft apart from the RS Module is the antenna are in tubes that sort of hang down between the landing gear legs.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Welcome to YuneecPilots @AussieCate!

@Ty Pilot is right in saying you have a good machine for your aerial real estate video/photos. It is a tried and true system. I’m attaching the extended User Manual for your edification. When you start flying the TH leave the camera off until you get comfortable launching, flying, and landing the aircraft.

If you need batteries, parts, etc. check with @Haydn who is a Yuneec distributor in Australia. He is a fair business person and is very helpful to his customers.

Happy flying!

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
Welcome to YuneecPilots @AussieCate!

@Ty Pilot is right in saying you have a good machine for your aerial real estate video/photos. It is a tried and true system. I’m attaching the extended User Manual for your edification. When you start flying the TH leave the camera off until you get comfortable launching, flying, and landing the aircraft.

If you need batteries, parts, etc. check with @Haydn who is a Yuneec distributor in Australia. He is a fair business person and is very helpful to his customers.

Happy flying!
Thank you for such good connections. Appreciated and I NEVER considered leaving the camera off until I get used to it. But considering the camera is the most expensive piece it's very good and fair advice. Regards,

Hi Cate and welcome from another Ozzie. I am in Brisbane and use the H for inspection work. All that I can say is read and read and practice without the camera. If you are considering getting your license you will be tested without looking at the screen for a complete flight of one battery as you are to keep the H in line of site at all times. You do not have to register the H with CASA as it is in the sub two kilogram class unless you are doing it for money or trade offs. Then you are better off getting your full license and you can then get insurance and be fully legit. At the start some times it is better to get a cheap old SYMA X8 or similar as they are cheap to crash and practice on. These are a fantastic machine to use as long as you fully understand the workings of all modes etc and please don't use smart mode as it is not SMART. There are clearance distances etc that have caused quite a few crashes. All of this is in the manual that DoomMister has provided for your attention. You will not be unhappy with the H once you work them out. Have fun and look forward to hearing more from you and see some of your flights .
John ( johnno) Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hi Cate and welcome from another Ozzie. I am in Brisbane and use the H for inspection work. All that I can say is read and read and practice without the camera. If you are considering getting your license you will be tested without looking at the screen for a complete flight of one battery as you are to keep the H in line of site at all times. You do not have to register the H with CASA as it is in the sub two kilogram class unless you are doing it for money or trade offs. Then you are better off getting your full license and you can then get insurance and be fully legit. At the start some times it is better to get a cheap old SYMA X8 or similar as they are cheap to crash and practice on. These are a fantastic machine to use as long as you fully understand the workings of all modes etc and please don't use smart mode as it is not SMART. There are clearance distances etc that have caused quite a few crashes. All of this is in the manual that DoomMister has provided for your attention. You will not be unhappy with the H once you work them out. Have fun and look forward to hearing more from you and see some of your flights .
John ( johnno) Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.
Hi John and thank you for your sound advice. Itching to get going but reading through as much as I can ATM then will practise with cheapies before upping the ante and using the TH without the camera. Such good advice. Regards,

I've made my first drone purchase and bought a second/third hand Typhoon H Pro - well that's what I have been told it is.
The model is CG03+ so does that make it the Pro or H + or are they the same? So many questions.
Why did I get this one? When I was in Hong Kong the DJI shop wouldn't come to the party with the original quote they gave me for the Mavic Pro 2 with Smart Controller. Ethical reasons I suppose.
I'm hoping to get some more jobs in real estate photography and drone footage is what they are asking for.
I make stock images and I'm interested in capturing aereal images and footage. Oh I travel a fair bit so this will be my car drone until I have enough mulla to buy a smaller one for when I do overseas. My next road trip is from Central Coast NSW to Melbourne, onto Tasmania and back. I so need to learn how to fly it in three weeks!
So I'm a total newbie, NEVER flown one before and now need to make extra battery purchases, one prop (to have a FULL extra set).
So please be gentle with me and I'm open to meeting, connecting, sharing and learning the little tricks that will aid me with getting the most out of this unit.

Welcome AussieCate.

Reactions: AussieCate

G'day Aussie Cate,
A couple of things you need to know. First the typhoon H is the best drone to use in town as it is much less noisy than the 4 props ones.
I am a professional and it is my preferred drone out of 6. I, personally, am not a fan of DJI, they are much overpriced.
Next thing working as real estate aerial photographer has certain rules, You are allowed only 50 places and you must get CASA approval 5 days ahead of the shoot.
Most cities have an airport and hospital helipads near them and are therefore restricted zones, open only to qualified and certified pilots. Breaking these rules can incur some very hefty fines ( around $12000). You will find that qualified pilots will dob you in as we have spent thousands of dollars to get qualified and certified and you are pinching our work .
I strongly recommend reading CASA regulations ( The rules ).
There is a free app called "opensky" that will tell you if you are allowed to fly where you are.
Feel free to get in touch if you need any help.

Fabrice

Reactions: AussieCate
G'day Aussie Cate,
A couple of things you need to know. First the typhoon H is the best drone to use in town as it is much less noisy than the 4 props ones.
I am a professional and it is my preferred drone out of 6. I, personally, am not a fan of DJI, they are much overpriced.
Next thing working as real estate aerial photographer has certain rules, You are allowed only 50 places and you must get CASA approval 5 days ahead of the shoot.
Most cities have an airport and hospital helipads near them and are therefore restricted zones, open only to qualified and certified pilots. Breaking these rules can incur some very hefty fines ( around $12000). You will find that qualified pilots will dob you in as we have spent thousands of dollars to get qualified and certified and you are pinching our work .
I strongly recommend reading CASA regulations ( The rules ).
There is a free app called "opensky" that will tell you if you are allowed to fly where you are.
Feel free to get in touch if you need any help.

Fabrice
Thank you Fabricest for your reply and welcome.
Yes I'm aware of the CASA rules as I've been researching my drone purchase for about two years and then this one came in at the right price last week.
I'm heading on a driving adventure on Dec 20 to Melbourne and onto Tassie. I hope to use the unit at random stops enroute both inland and on the coast depending which way I go up and 'down the road'. Then, next year with a bit of time under my belt I'll speak to my RE friend, whom keeps asking me if I've got one yet, to get my RE skills up.
Fully aware of the training required and licencing so depending on my travel between CC and Melb will determine which way I'll jump.

Reactions: Joseph_NZ
Well that was an interesting experience!
Two successful flights barely off the ground, becoming familiar with the unit, nearly went into a tree.
Third flight gave MDH the controls and I'll call him 3 minute wonder as that's how long it took him to run it into unforgiving gum trees.
Unit now repaired and heading out to wide spaces for more learning.
Thank you to @John Hennessy and @Haydn and others online, here's to more new beginnings.

Reactions: John Hennessy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval