Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Greetings from the UK

Reaction score
Hi there. I am a senior who has very little drone experience, but my wife and I are going to be spending several years touring the uk in our off grid van (7.5 tonne Mercedes called k9 but we call it the beast)
I wanted a drone not so much for hobby flying, but to keep an aerial video digest of all the wonderful places we visit.
Initially I was going to buy a mavic mini so it would be easier to transport, but I got a great deal on a Q500 4k which had only a very few hours from a remote helicopter pilot who though it too tame compared to his copters. I decided that the superior handling and great 4k video would make it worth finding space in my van and I paid less than half of what a mavic mini would have cost.

I look forward to picking up tips from the forum and hopefully I will be able to contribute to the yuneec family here.

Welcome, hope you have a great time touring. The Q500 is a great aircraft, compared with a lot of newer stuff. You actually have to pay attention and fly it, without relying on different flying modes on more modern drones. Can get to be a bit of a handful in even a moderate wind and sometimes just spins round if the wind just catches it right. I've always found that flying it backwards in strong winds helps a lot, by that I mean flying it tail end first into the wind. Don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of it....

Hi there. I am a senior who has very little drone experience, but my wife and I are going to be spending several years touring the uk in our off grid van (7.5 tonne Mercedes called k9 but we call it the beast)
I wanted a drone not so much for hobby flying, but to keep an aerial video digest of all the wonderful places we visit.
Initially I was going to buy a mavic mini so it would be easier to transport, but I got a great deal on a Q500 4k which had only a very few hours from a remote helicopter pilot who though it too tame compared to his copters. I decided that the superior handling and great 4k video would make it worth finding space in my van and I paid less than half of what a mavic mini would have cost.

I look forward to picking up tips from the forum and hopefully I will be able to contribute to the yuneec family here.
Hi Herman 55 from 1 oldie to another nice to meet you I am in the north west of the United Kingdom and have a typhoon H which I've only flown about five or six times due to weather conditions and spare time I have heard of your drone but never flown one, they are very popular and I'm sure you will get on fine you have certainly come to the best place for help and information, again nice to meet you happy flying

Hi, and welcome to this forum. I have a q500+ [not the 4 k] and a few other toys,still learning the H. Was fairly easy to master the Q. Be sure you learn how to care for your batteries,find a manual that gives good info on how and when to calibrate the drone first few times are a pain but you get used to it. Maybe get a good aftermarket charger and a few extra batteries. There are some smart cool members from the U.K. on here and can advise you if you have a specific question and maybe address it in the Q500 forum. Good luck,have fun, be safe. This drone is a blast great fun,a gentle giant. I have flown in some real winds esp. at the beach and it was great,esp compared to other brands. You made a good choice. Keith C.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone