Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Guildford Hill Glides

Reaction score
Very enjoyable afternoon's flyings over in Guildford, Surrey, UK the other day. First flight slightly curtailed by some alarming gunfire from the valley below (and / or the allotments - I was never sure where it came from), but fairly convinced they weren't aiming at me, as a) I remained unhit and b) it continued for some time after I landed and was still ongoing as I walked back to the car... other excitement included 3 circling Red Kite, so I waited for those guys to depart, and a low flying helicopter appeared shortly after launch, so I altered course and descended to near tree level until that had gone...

On the second flight, up at The Mount, winds were pretty hairy, gusting up to 35 mph, but that little H remained nailed to the sky wherever I put it, and turned in another flawless flight performance. The CGO3+ also did quite well, but some of its pans while in faster motion were affected by the stronger gusts resulting in some mild juddering and speed variation, but nothing too drastic - most of it came out silky smooth...

We've got a Neewer ND8 on the go here, which seems fine, didn't break my grade this time, and got my shutter speed down to 1/125, near enough perfect for 60FPS 1080.
I sort of wish I'd done this in 4K, but I like the 60FPS for slowing stuff down by 50% in a 30FPS project.

Next time I'll try 4K downsampled to a1080 project, which 'should' be fractionally better / sharper / clearer than 1080 alone, and I'll just have to fly slower :) In case anyone is wondering why I'm not just uploading 4K, it's because DaVinci Resolve under Win 7 (yes I am still stolidly using that !) won't do it until I go to Win 10.

Last edited:
I gave up on DaVinci Resolve some time ago. Yes, a very good editor but over complicated for this ageing brain. Agree about windows 10. I got a new beast of a computer (powerful enough to handle just about anything) but sadly it has windows 10. I still have my old laptop that has windows 7 so for run-of-the-mill stuff I still use that.

BTW. Nice video.

Indeed, Resolve does seem overwhelming but it's a powerful editor and best of all, it's free! Having said that, I only use it for colour grading, I then edit using something much more simple!
The editor I use these days suits me just fine. Reasonably simple to use even for me while still being powerful enough to spit out good quality edits in 4K. Indeed, I came to my current editor off the back of using Resolve. It's called 'Fimora'. Not free if you don't want a watermark.

I really like Resolve, apart from the no 4K thing ! :) Exceptional grading, editing, tracking, qualifying and keyframing... and i don't find the editor confusing, having watched a few lengthy tutorials when I started.

Do you know if Fimora does 4K on Win 7, Flush ? If it does I might be up for that...

I really like Resolve, apart from the no 4K thing ! :) Exceptional grading, editing, tracking, qualifying and keyframing... and i don't find the editor confusing, having watched a few lengthy tutorials when I started.

Do you know if Fimora does 4K on Win 7, Flush ? If it does I might be up for that...
I'm in lucky position of having a Windows 7 Desktop and Windows 10 Laptop. I have resolve on both and I find Resolve handles 4K no problem with windows 7. Mind you, I nearly always do the final render in 1080 because 4K renders down very nicely to 1080.

Yes. I have it on my laptop which runs Win7. The laptop isn't powerful enough to handle 4K but what I used to do is edit in 4K then render out to 1080. If you have a powerful enough computer running WIN7 to handle 4K then Filmora will do it...but the computer ideally needs 16gig memory and a graphics card that can handle 4K (and, of course, a good CPU).

Incidentally, if your computer isn't quite up to 4K, then filmora will be fine in 1080. My laptop is an i5 with 8gig memory and an NVIDEA CUDA 1Gig card and it managed 1080 just fine.

Even though Resolve turned out to be a bit over complicated for my tastes I still very much liked it's colour correction capabilities. Indeed, from all the editors I've used I think Resolve would be a hard editor to beat in that regard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop