Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Horizon Hobby - H/480 new $599

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Horizon Hobby has the 480/H for $599 with free shipping till December 3rd

Last edited:
That pricing almost suggests it carries a hidden message. The original pricing for a new H standard “color box” was $1,299.00 so to a 50%+ off sale might well be to clear end of life inventory.

If that's so at least it had a longer life than any DJI model

Reactions: TheChiefUSN
DJI mantis or Yuneec Mantis?
*** Phantom 4 will cost all most 12,000 if not more and they are like Apple you can only use platforms designed for DJ I's and everybody floods the market with aftermarket products the same as the do for Apple And I believe dollar for dollar the are some other models out there that preform as well or even better than the Almighty DJI. Example 1 of the other platforms I fly is Walkera

*** Phantom 4 will cost all most 12,000 if not more and they are like Apple you can only use platforms designed for DJ I's and everybody floods the market with aftermarket products the same as the do for Apple And I believe dollar for dollar the are some other models out there that preform as well or even better than the Almighty DJI. Example 1 of the other platforms I fly is Walkera

You can tell how popular a product is if there are aftermarket support. Walkera is not considered an intelligent drone. In the commercial side of things, there is only one product right that can fly the mission in both commercial and pro-consumer, and Yuneec comes in second in the pro and hobbyist level.

You can tell how popular a product is if there are aftermarket support. Walkera is not considered an intelligent drone. In the commercial side of things, there is only one product right that can fly the mission in both commercial and pro-consumer, and Yuneec comes in second in the pro and hobbyist level.
The walkera support is worse than DJI but you can get to the programming on a walkera, which I wish Yuneec would allow.

If that's so at least it had a longer life than any DJI model
Very true!

We all like the H480... but longer life?
Oldest of the popular brands "pro usage" is 2014
Not to discount... but just not my choice... Phantom.
Phantom 1 - 2013, 2 - 2013, 3 - 2015, 4 - 2016

Typhoon H & Pro 2016 release, still for sale on factory site - $900 - 1500, open mkt $600
Mavic (Gen 1) 2016 release, still for sale factory site - normally for $1000, open mkt $900
Phantom 4 - 2016, still for sale on factory site - $1200 - 1500, open mkt $720-1400
GoPro - brought down
Parrot - Bebop 1 - 2014 - out
Parrot - Bebop 2 - 2015 - still available on factory site - $400 (basic model)
Walkera - Voyager 4 - 2016 - Very Cool, on factory site, was $16000 now $4000,
Walkera - Voyager 5 - 2018 - Very Cool - on factory site $18000

H920 - 2015 - no longer available on factory site
H920 Plus - 2017 - no longer available on factory site
Inspire 1 - 2014 - still for sale on factory site, I1 Pro - $1700

But we all need an Good Egg... Drone
PowerVision - PowerEgg, still on site at the reduced price of $499
poweregg :p

Last edited:
We all like the H480... but longer life?
Oldest of the popular brands "pro usage" is 2014
Not to discount... but just not my choice... Phantom.
Phantom 1 - 2013, 2 - 2013, 3 - 2015, 4 - 2016

Typhoon H & Pro 2016 release, still for sale on factory site - $900 - 1500, open mkt $600
Mavic (Gen 1) 2016 release, still for sale factory site - normally for $1000, open mkt $900
Phantom 4 - 2016, still for sale on factory site - $1200 - 1500, open mkt $720-1400
GoPro - brought down
Parrot - Bebop 1 - 2014 - out
Parrot - Bebop 2 - 2015 - still available on factory site - $400 (basic model)
Walkera - Voyager 4 - 2016 - Very Cool, on factory site, was $16000 now $4000,
Walkera - Voyager 5 - 2018 - Very Cool - on factory site $18000

H920 - 2015 - no longer available on factory site
H920 Plus - 2017 - no longer available on factory site
Inspire 1 - 2014 - still for sale on factory site, I1 Pro - $1700

But we all need an Good Egg... Drone
PowerVision - PowerEgg, still on site at the reduced price of $499
poweregg :p
The Yuneec H (480) has 1 model. There's no Yuneec 1, 2, 3, 4, pro, advanced, standard etc . There's the inspire 1 & 2. Yuneec had the 920 and the 920+. The 480 has been a dependable drone. DJI's prosumer line barely has the paint dry and they have the next model coming out. Yes, the H has the add on module but it's not a new revision as it's just the H with a module.

I do find it annoying that Yuneec came out with a flying plane that's been out for 15 years (fecetious) and a drone selfie unit that is extremely limited.

I just wish there was a way to come up with a USA made drone that was competitive in features and price. Wishful thinking I know!

The Yuneec H (480) has 1 model. There's no Yuneec 1, 2, 3, 4, pro, advanced, standard etc . There's the inspire 1 & 2. Yuneec had the 920 and the 920+. The 480 has been a dependable drone. DJI's prosumer line barely has the paint dry and they have the next model coming out. Yes, the H has the add on module but it's not a new revision as it's just the H with a module.

I do find it annoying that Yuneec came out with a flying plane that's been out for 15 years (fecetious) and a drone selfie unit that is extremely limited.

I just wish there was a way to come up with a USA made drone that was competitive in features and price. Wishful thinking I know!

True, DJI continues to develop and bring new models out to public... the Phantom is the example in case; overall the design has remained the same with improvements. Oddly it's the same model that has informally become the golden standard to base all other models in pro & con. Also the one I've never even consider to own.... until the RTK version, nah!!

To the point of outlasting... the H480 and the Mavic Pro (Gen1) are both 2016 models, the Phantom 4 also 2016 and are still active and readily sold; In addition, there is a Mavic 2 in the line up. The Inspire 1 is oldest of the group and still on the market and continues to be heavily used. The H480 H or H-Pro hasn't outlasted them... and regrettable will most likely fade first.

Contrary to the point, I'd actually relish to see Yuneec bring out improved models... not let them go static with a slow death. Improved models keeps both new & old versions in the air and receiving improvements.

And... ;) the Egg eh! Want the PowerEgg, it's down to $500... may have to get just for it's Cool Factor sitting on shelf.
Now there's a probable collector's item... normally the odd ball designs we all chuckle at will become collectors. Actually after a few FW releases it wasn't half boiled... but a pretty good flying egg!

Last edited:
This thread has gone off topic. Please direct all comments to the OP thread about the sale. This thread is not about DJI or any other product. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33