Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

h+ battery stuck

Reaction score
The felt slider for the battery at the bottom of the battery cage has come loose. The insertion of battery jams up this
Piece of felt tape. Once battery is in place the only way to remove battery is with a pry tool.
Can I only remove the top cowling to get at the felt tape and glue it down or must to remove both top and bottom ?

Has anyone found a source for some type of replacement felt tape?
If I completely remove this felt tape at the bottom will the battery jiggle and cause issues ?

There is felt tape in the battery tray of the Typhoon H? All in all I own three (bought two of them crashed in order to salvage them for parts) and none of them had any felt tape there. Would you mind taking some pictures? I am a little confused right now.

Have you bought it in used condition and the preowner might have installed it?

The battery bay of the Typhoon H (Plus) is absolutely lined with thin, 1/2 inch strips of felt tape. To the OP, I suspect if one edge of a piece has been rolled up, it will need to be removed and replaced with new tape, you do not want to see any movement of the battery when it is inserted. I just did a quick search for "Thin Felt Tape" and it is very easy to find - Walmart, Amazon etc.

The battery bay of the Typhoon H (Plus) is absolutely lined with thin, 1/2 inch strips of felt tape. To the OP, I suspect if one edge of a piece has been rolled up, it will need to be removed and replaced with new tape, you do not want to see any movement of the battery when it is inserted. I just did a quick search for "Thin Felt Tape" and it is very easy to find - Walmart, Amazon etc.

Thanks, good idea.I found some 1/32 think felt adhesive tape on Google. I would think that when I replace the tape I should extend it to go over the leading edge right angle so that It can't roll up again.

For what it worth.yuneec said they have had several calls for the felt tape , but they don't supply it and don't
Know any solution.
Ty pilot, I'm glad your around. That seems like the best fix.
I hope it's the only top cowling that needs to be remover. The bottom. One looks, like a pain

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval