Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H dropped out of the sky

How do I do that?
Read the thread, especially Doomiester comments.

Reactions: Sully53
Here is the Telemetry for today...

Attachments

• Telemetry_00025 7-11-19.zip
    187.3 KB · Views: 24
Here is the Telemetry for today...
No. Not really. That is just the CSV file from the telemetry subdirectory of the flight log folder. You need to zip up the ENTIRE Flightlog directory, and post that file for anyone to be able to review it. Again, please refer to the post by @DoomMeister.
" Help me with forensics"

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Very sorry to hear that happened - my commiserations.

I am not an expert at reading these, but I'll have a go until someone better comes along ! And of course we don't have all the files there, so I can only tell you half a story from that.
But that story is that at 15:34:35, the flight mode went from 3 to 16 meaning 'in flight, angle mode' to 'ready to fly', ie motors off. And you were at 25 odd ft when that happened. I presume you didn't hit the red button to cause that mode change, but we don't yet have the telemetry which would show us if that was the case or not.

EDIT: OK, now we do :) Cheers.

Reactions: Sully53
Very sorry to hear that happened - my commiserations.

I am not an expert at reading these, but I'll have a go until someone better comes along ! And of course we don't have all the files there, so I can only tell you half a story from that.
But that story is that at 15:34:35, the flight mode went from 3 to 16 meaning 'in flight, angle mode' to 'ready to fly', ie motors off. And you were at 25 odd ft when that happened. I presume you didn't hit the red button to cause that mode change, but we don't yet have the telemetry which would show us if that was the case or not.

EDIT: OK, now we do :) Cheers.

When it happened I was bringing it back down to land and I had my thumb on the left stick to go down in altitude.

Throttle channel 0 sent a sustained zero command (B3, motors off) just before the mode change consistent with what would happen if the red button was pressed and held.

ScreenshotDisplay_files_1.png

Are you categorically assuring us that you didn't touch the red button ?

If he did it would be understandable as so many have encouraged the use of the arming button for a landing assist. I still believe that to be a bad idea as the button is for activating and deactivating the motors and any other use is an accident looking for a time and place to happen.

The Red button and the throttle are on the same channel. There is some indication that you have another channel mixed with throttle. I think I see a correlation between Throttle activity and Yaw activity.
Check your channel settings. Especially if you've been working with them recently. In any case, look to see if you have Throttle (J1) mixed with Yaw(J2). It would show under the "properties" of one of the channels, probably Yaw.

Attachments

• Throttle and Yaw.jpg
    Throttle and Yaw.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I did try to press the red button as the H was falling out of the sky to restart the motors at the last second but that obviously didn’t work

The Red button and the throttle are on the same channel. There is some indication that you have another channel mixed with throttle. I think I see a correlation between Throttle activity and Yaw activity.
Check your channel settings. Especially if you've been working with them recently. In any case, look to see if you have Throttle (J1) mixed with Yaw(J2). It would show under the "properties" of one of the channels, probably Yaw.

So I should check and see what the controller says ?

Please note the mixed channels will NOT show up on Hardware monitor. You have to look on Channel Settings. IF these channels are mixed as I suspect, moving the yaw to the full right will show -25% on throttle channel, which is the same as pushing the red button. Look at the pictures above. You hit the motor start value many times during that flight, just didn't keep it there for the full 3 seconds it takes to shut off motors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval