Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H - LOOSING VIDEO AFTER 200 FEET AWAY AND 200 HIGH

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18083

Loosing Video signal after the above mention distance and height
I can still control the H and go even further but with no video signal.

already checked for broken and loose cables and connectors in both st16 and the drone and they all fine.

TYPHOON H W/ REAL SENSE.
ALL FIRMWARE UPDATES / PROFESSIONAL FAA REMOTE PILOT

Since i got it back from Yuneec after a broken arm repair
they replaced the mushroom antenna with the Flat one,
ever since that change, i got that problem

The flat antenna is directional. It has to be aimed directly at the aircraft at all times and remain unobstructed. You could re-install the omni mushroom antennas if you wish to make things easier but it still must be oriented correctly and remain unobstructed for best performance. Keeping an omni antenna oriented roughly 90* to the aircraft generally works best.

To re-cap, a directional antenna must always be aimed at the aircraft while an omni antenna must be offset from the aircraft. There is almost zero useful signal propagation at the top of an omni antenna, while virtually all signal propagation is obtained from the face, or top, of a directional antenna. How the user aims an antenna, and whether or not they obstruct an antenna with some part of their body, largely determines how well they perform.

Thanks for the input
i work in the film industry with bigger drones as the Alta 8 for the last 9 years
and know the difference between the directional and the mushroom antennas

I posted to see if anyone have this problem as i already check and is not the antennas
I have 2 Typhoon H and only one is doing this and not even Yuneec can figure it out.

Testing for the antenna was done in a private airfield with no obstructions even magnetic.

Rob
FAA Licensed and Instructor.

Without background it’s not possible to reference experience or understanding. Thanks for the info. Curious, what FAA instructor rating do you possess? CFI, CFII, airplane and/or rotorcraft? I’m not aware of the existence of an FAA drone instructor rating yet. Have they added one?

Have you checked the little antenna that sits inside of the CGO3+ camera? It is the transmitting antenna for your video feed.

AH-1,

I’ve been an FAA certified instructor and a drone instructor for a major corporate player. There has to date not been an FAA certified drone instructor classification, as you pointed out. Making that clarification was the purpose behind my questions. I was hoping the OP would so enlighten us.

Without background it’s not possible to reference experience or understanding. Thanks for the info. Curious, what FAA instructor rating do you possess? CFI, CFII, airplane and/or rotorcraft? I’m not aware of the existence of an FAA drone instructor rating yet. Have they added one?
WHY ON THIS FORUMS EVERYONE INSTEAD OF HELPING ARE ALWAYS ON GUARD?
READ THIS AGAIN.,.,.,.,
FAA LICENSED.,.,.,AND INSTRUCTOR.
IT DOES NOT SAY, FAA DRONE INSTRUCTOR
I AM FAA LICENSED BOTH REMOTE AND COMMERCIAL
FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR-HELICOPTER.

THANK YOU.,
NEVER ASSUME,, IS BETTER TO ASK.,
MANY OF US LEARN THAT IN LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Currently there is no such thing as a "FAA Certified Drone Instructor".
Maybe the company gave you this title to teach others? But you do not have a FAA Certified Drone Flight Instructors License CDFI.

Start at 4:34 into the video.

Quoted by A REAL CFI
"As a CFI, I just shake my head when I see people misrepresent themselves in the vain attempt to get someone to pay them for something. I have no problem with knowledgeable people being paid to help others learn but I do have problems with those that attach labels such as Certified to themselves in the process. I know people representing themselves as “Certified Drone Instructors” who have very little actual flight time or experience".

So @robny what flight ratings do you possess?
WHY ON THIS FORUMS EVERYONE INSTEAD OF HELPING ARE ALWAYS ON GUARD?
READ THIS AGAIN.,.,.,.,
FAA LICENSED.,.,.,AND INSTRUCTOR.
IT DOES NOT SAY, FAA DRONE INSTRUCTOR
I AM FAA LICENSED BOTH REMOTE AND COMMERCIAL
FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR-HELICOPTER.

THANK YOU.,
NEVER ASSUME,, IS BETTER TO ASK.,
MANY OF US LEARN THAT IN LAW ENFORCEMENT.

ARE WE HERE TO HELP OTHERS OR PULL OUT CREDENTIALS?

Have you checked the little antenna that sits inside of the CGO3+ camera? It is the transmitting antenna for your video feed.
THANK YOU RON, THE CABLE TO THE BOARD WAS ALMOST ALL THE WAY UNCLIPPED FROM THE BOARD...
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I APPRECIATED.

I was just reiterating what you said, but with a bit of beef to boot.:)
NEED TO ASK BEFORE GETTING THE BEEF TO BOOT AS YOU PUT IT
IS LIKE ME ASSUMING A PERSON IS A CRIMINAL BECAUSE HE IS RUNNING WITH A GUN.
WE LEARN THAT IN LAW ENFORCEMENT.

I ASKED A QUESTION HERE.
NOT TO HAVE ANYONE WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER LIFE'S GIVING SPEECHES. AND ACCUSING OTHERS OF LYING.

THANK YOU.

Not to pick a bone, but FAA certified and instructor carries unspoken implications. FAA certified Part 107 operator and independent drone instructor provides clarity where the other statement clouds. Even LEA people look at the way something is said or written to differentiate between truth, deceit, and ambiguity. Corporations and politicians play heavily on ambiguity and obscurity in order to deflect from the truth. So very often, how we state something can make all the difference in the world.

Personally, I would never provide my quals in the manner you did unless I was intending for people to think I had FAA certification for all of it. Perhaps it was simply more expedient to go the route you did but often taking the longer route works a lot better for the destination. For the record, up until you posted your quals I was trying to be helpful, but the FAA thing raised a few hackles since I have a some history with the FAA with multiple certifications and “drone instructor” experience at several levels. A bs call had to be made.

AH-1,

I’ve been an FAA certified instructor and a drone instructor for a major corporate player. There has to date not been an FAA certified drone instructor classification, as you pointed out. Making that clarification was the purpose behind my questions. I was hoping the OP would so enlighten us.

I can vouch for that Corp has a safety protocol and codes, with so many unnecessary bs, and well as death by power point one day lectures about drones. I attended one for PG&E drone safety and the instructor, we believe did not once flew a drone. And two years later, I became one of the drone safety instructors and copied the same power points from the last instructor (nevermind)

Can you exchange the cameras between the two H's and try? Just to identifdy if the transmitter in the camera is bad or the receiver in the ST16.
Video downlink can also be disturbed by power cables inside the copter body.

br HE

THANK YOU RON, THE CABLE TO THE BOARD WAS ALMOST ALL THE WAY UNCLIPPED FROM THE BOARD...
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I APPRECIATED.
Looks like this thread got way off track.
Were you able to determine the cause? Was it the camera antenna?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem